The Open Security Exchange today announced the appointment of Ron Martin, CPP, as Executive Director. In this role, Mr. Martin will lead the not-for-profit association of security experts that provides a forum for security firms, consultants, end-users, government agencies, manufacturers, system integrators and allied organizations to mutually define opportunities for physical/logical convergence and interoperability.
Founded in 2003, the Open Security Exchange was created to address today’s most significant security challenge: the lack of integration between various components of the security infrastructure. The Open Security Exchange is a cross-industry forum dedicated to delivering vendor-neutral interoperability specifications and best practices guidelines in the area of security management. This enables practitioners to more efficiently mitigate risk, optimize their security postures and enforce privacy policies.
Martin is the sole proprietor of Consullition, a Washington D.C.-based security consultancy. “I am very pleased to be working with such a strong group of industry leaders regarding the converging worlds of physical and logical security,” he said. “With our continued focus on this ever-evolving space, the Open Security Exchange offers our members an opportunity to shape and impact the future of physical and IT security convergence.”
Newsmakers in Brief:
• Steven Roth, CEO, Tri-Ed/Northern Video has been unanimously selected as the 2011 Lippert Award winner by a panel of past award recipients. The George R. Lippert Memorial Award, which was first presented by the Security Industry Association (SIA) in 1989, recognizes outstanding contributions to SIA and the security industry.
• Inovonics has hired Victoria Naugle as vice president of finance and accounting.
• Keith Cahalen has accepted the position of Territory Sales Manager for the Western U.S. Region for Open Options Inc.
• David Katz has joined Dorma Architectural Hardware as Director of Business Development.
• Tyco Security Products has added Jeremy Krinitt, Shahar Ze’Evi and Charlie Morganti to its product management team.
• Edward Wassall Ph.D., has been appointed director of IP Product and Business Development for Samsung Techwin America.
• Avigilon has appointed four new sales executives: Mark Baxter is director of sales, Midwest U.S.; Alejandrina Brito Figueroa is director of sales, Latin America; Will Brock is director of sales, Southeast U.S.; and Rob Crane is director of sales, Northeast U.S.
• Robert Gallagher has been appointed vice president of Network Systems and Security Solutions for ComNet. The company has also appointed Christopher Costa as vice president of Engineering.
• Brad Buswell has been appointed president and CEO of Morpho Detection Inc.
• J. A. “Jack” Leach has joined Smarter Security Systems as Director of Operations.
• Olivier Thierry has been named Chief Marketing Officer for Pivot3.
• SafeNet has named Chris Fedde its new CEO.
• John Romanowich, president and CEO of SightLogix, recently received the Security Industry Association (SIA) “Statesman Award,” which recognizes strong support for SIA Government Relations programs, as well as Romanowich’s leadership as chairman of SIA’s Chemical Security Working Group.
• Norma Schiller has been promoted to global accounts manager for the western U.S. region of Honeywell Systems, a division of Honeywell Security Group.
• IndigoVision has hired Tim Wood as regional sales manager for the Western Canadian region.
• Charlie Ryan has joined 3VR Inc. as chief financial officer (CFO) and Tony Craythorne has been named senior vice president of global channels.
• Rajeev Dubey has been named Director of Product Management for Brivo Systems LLC.
• Basler Vision Technologies has appointed Brandon Roe and John Recesso as new regional sales managers for the company’s IP camera series.
• VingCard Elsafe, part of the Assa Abloy group, has appointed William J. (Bill) Oliver as Vice President and General Manager, North America.
• Swann Security has appointed Nick Movsisyan as training and merchandising manager.