Dr. Bob Banerjee
• Frank Defina has rejoined the security industry as senior vice president of sales at Samsung Techwin America. Defina says he will develop and organize a series of sales initiatives and partner programs for the security group, including integrator programs and end-user sales initiatives for their integrators, along with vendor partnership to ensure integration of analog and IP products with other vendors’ technology.
• Dr. Bob Banerjee has joined NICE Systems’ Security Division, where he will develop programs and initiatives to educate, train and support the supplier’s network of security system integrators and dealers. Banerjee, a frequent contributor to STE magazine, comes to NICE Systems from Bosch Security Systems, where he had served as product marketing manager for IP Video since 2004.
• Paxton Access has added Gary Thornberg as National Distribution and OEM Manager and Steve Midkiff as Technical Support Engineer. Thornberg has more than 23 years experience in the security industry, while Midkiff has 26 years experience working in the security industry and has spent 21 years with Sonitrol Corp. Additionally, Terry Carver has joined the company as Regional Sales Manager for the Northeast U.S., and Tim McCarthy has joined as Senior Product Sales and A&E Manager.
• Bob Mosler has been named National Sales Manager for infinias LLC. Prior to joining infinias, Mosler most recently held a senior sales management position at Brivo Systems. He has been an active member of ASIS Intl. for more than 25 years.
• ComNet has named Andrew Acquarulo Jr., as its President and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
• Ron Rothman has been named president of Honeywell Security Group. Rothman will report to Roger Fradin, president and CEO of Automation and Control Solutions. Since 2002, Rothman was president of Honeywell Security & Communications.
• Former Silicon Valley CEO and NSA deputy director William P. Crowell, along with consultant and former security executive Michael F. Snyder, have joined the Advisory Board at Proximex.
• Mike Baker has been promoted to president of Middle Atlantic Products. Company founder Bob Schluter will continue as Chief Engineer and CEO. Baker has served as Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing and CFO for the last five years.
• Niscayah has hired Courtney Jarrell as an Account Executive in its Connecticut office.
• AlliedBarton Security Services has appointed Chris Swecker, Esq., a retired Assistant Director at the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), to the Board of Directors of its parent company, Allied Security Holdings LLC. Swecker served 24 years with the FBI before retiring as Assistant Director of the FBI’s Criminal Investigative Division.