The Manager of Security Systems and Training plans and directs the organization’s security computer systems, data repositories and technology tools under senior management direction and provides support and awareness training to staff.
• Implements technology solutions and services for security Web site, personnel identification, incident reporting, case management and system validation.
• Serves as leading technical expert on complex security equipment and techniques.
• Oversees technical functions in support of security and investigative operations.
• Directs the evaluation of state-of-the-art products and techniques related to computer hardware and software.
• Provides expertise on product use, recommends equipment, and adapts to changes in computer technologies.
• Provides technical advice, guidance, and recommendations regarding security programs and awareness media.
• Implements staff, employee and facility training programs, coordinates and develops communication plans, documented guidelines/manuals and customer satisfaction surveys.
• Designs communication plans by documenting guidelines, brochures, surveys in on-line network and automated self assessment formats.
• Acquires and coordinates training programs by adapting or translating materials from a variety of recognized sources.
• Analyzes departmental financial performance results and prepares expense and capital budget worksheets.
• Ensures successful program results and value contributions through interpersonal contact with peers and senior management.
• Manages the activities of and provides leadership direction to the professional, technical and support staff within the organization unit.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other studies relevant to this position and more than 10 years of experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public- or private-sector security organization. Has had some exposure in the international security arena. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred and Certified Security Training Specialist (CSTS) preferred.
Jerry Brennan and Steve Walker are co-authors of the book “Security Careers,” a second edition of which is soon to be available. Both are content expert faculty for the Security Executive Council (www.securityexecutivecouncil.com/?sourceCode=std). The information in this article is copyrighted and reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.