Andrews Intl. has hired Ray O’Hara, CPP, as senior vice president of Consulting and Investigations (C&I). O’Hara has more than 30 years of experience in the consulting and investigations services field, corporate security and law enforcement.
O’Hara’s experience includes managing large-scale security consulting and investigations projects in emerging markets and developing international executive protection, crisis management and response plans. In addition to his operational responsibilities, O’Hara established and managed workplace violence client training programs for corporations and most recently developed crisis management and response plans for public venues, such as shopping centers, educational institutions and the Olympic Games. These programs involved setting policies and procedures, as well as training seminars for security, human resource, employees, tenants, media and legal representatives at key locations.
“Economics, technology and communications are changing how businesses operate, opening new opportunities,” O’Hara says. “With these opportunities come challenges and risks rewarding companies that learn to manage risk to support their business objectives.”
O’Hara currently serves as Secretary on the ASIS International Board of Directors and has served as President of ASIS’ Professional Certification Board and Chair of the ASIS International Investigations Council. He is board certified in security management by ASIS International and is considered a Risk Vulnerability Expert, with experience in analyzing and categorizing business vulnerabilities, homeland security initiatives, terrorism and political threats.
He is also a founding member and the first Chair of The Alliance for Enterprise Security Risk Management, a partnership of leading international security organizations formed to address issues surrounding the convergence of traditional and logical security.
• Ingersoll-Rand Co. Ltd. Has appointed Steven B. Hochhauser as president of its Security Technologies Sector. He succeeds Michael W. Lamach, who, as previously announced, was appointed president of Trane Commercial Systems following Ingersoll Rand’s acquisition of Trane Inc. Hochhauser will be recommended to the Board of Directors for election as a senior vice president of the company. The company has also named Bob Brust as commercial sales vice president for the Northwest region.
• IQinVision has made the following hires: Winston R. Hanson as vice president of operations; Neil Hellwig as Southeast regional sales manager; Jasper Stoter as regional sales manager for Scandinavia and Italy; Paul AndrA© de Jong as Western European sales manager; Bill Hobbs as Western regional director of sales; and Lisa Bradshaw has been promoted to director of distribution and national accounts.
• Eric Gleespen has been appointed as director of South-Central U.S. sales for NUVICO. The company has also appointed Matt Bischof as Midwestern regional sales director.
• Carol Enman has been named strategic channel manager for Axis Communications.
• Winsted Corp. has appointed Bob Pep as midwest sales manager and Brent Leimer as marketing manager.
• Terry Vellek has joined DVTel as vice president of sales for the Americas.
• Patrick Hearn has been promoted to vice president, Identity Markets for North and Central America for Oberthur Technologies.
• Chad Gilbert has been appointed vice president of sales and business development for North American Video.
• PSA Security Network has announced that Mike Tiffin, vice president of Henry Brothers Electronics, has been elected as Northeast region director for PSA’s Board of Directors. PSA has also appointed Steve King as chief financial officer.
• Lee House has joined GarrettCom Inc. as vice president of engineering and Chief Technical Officer.
• Craig Steury has been appointed as territory manager for Louisiana and Texas for Vicon Industries Inc.
• John Marsala has been appointed vice president of sales for Brijot Imaging Systems.
• Patrick Reilly has joined Proximex as vice president of worldwide sales and business development.
• Pam Elkins has been promoted to marketing communications manager for Secura Key.
• John Angove has been named senior vice president of FireKing Security Group.
• CBC (AMERICA) Corp. has appointed John Borman as Southeast regional sales manager for the company’s Imaging and Information Technology (CCTV) Division.
• The National Retail Federation has promoted Denise BrassA© to senior vice president of industry relations and Mike Gatti to senior vice president of communications.
• James Schumann, director of security at the College of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph, has been named Mid-America regional director on the 2008-09 Board of Directors of the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
• The National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) has appointed Dave Ferlino, president of VistaCom Inc., and Michael Hester, managing partner of Beacon Communications, to the association’s Board of Directors.