Yes, it's another alphabet soup to put behind your name that you have to pay for, but I fully believe the program can be rather positive for the industry. Why? Because your certified professionals can command a higher dollar. Why? Because security are more likely to come back to the dealers that they know are properly trained and certified. Why? Because buyers who can be confident of their contractors' skills are more likely to ask them to create more thorough systems.
For an industry that has long been plagued by a lacking of standardization, this move from NICET is applauded for being a step in the right direction.
Finally, we conclude with a look at what your peers have been reading -- our Most Read Stories of the week:
- U.S. Plans to Screen All Who Enter, Leave Country
- Wal-Mart Store Hit by Amateur Bomb-Makers
- Ten Steps to a Successful IP Surveillance Installation: Step 10
- The Legal Side: The N.J. Case - A Problem for the Alarm Industry?
- NY/NJ Port Authority Airports to Use Intelligent Video
- KeyCorp Bank Embezzlement Case Baffling