Securitas landed a whopper of a contract with General Motors for North American and European security to the tune of $800 million. ... At least some school districts have money to spend on security, including one Pennsylvania school district that is dropping $265,000 on a multi-facility CCTV system. ... BearingPoint was tapped by the GSA as an approved integrator for HSPD-12/FIPS 201 implementations. ... SecurityInfoWatch.com opened registration for its free webinar on the same subject featuring Michael Butler, chief of smart cards for the DoD, and Jason Halverson, a top security and smart card research for Frost & Sullivan. The HSPD-12/FIPS 201 webinar will be held Aug. 24, and all security professionals are invited.
In our forums
The editor's pick for top forums thread of the week goes to a discussion of ID/badge security policies, and methods of enforcement to ensure that employees wear those badges. To join in the discussion of this badging topic, you can register for free and share what you've experienced.
To close, as always, we point you to the topics your peers are interested in with a look at the most read security stories of the week:
- Seattle Gunman's Actions Circumvented Tight Building Security
- Starting from Scratch for Security at North Carolina Ports
- What Security Executives Should Know about Finance
- Finding the Holes in Port Security
- Ten Steps to a Successful IP Surveillance Installation: Step 6
- The Layered Look: The Latest Trend in ID Card Security