Speaking of being proactive versus reacting, Dodge City (Kansas) Globe reporter Eric Swanson offered a story to SecurityInfoWatch.com this week about a move being made in that city to put more stringent controls on guard services companies. The proposed ordinance would allow the city to license and regulate guard services, including who can become a guard, what a guard is, and would potentially even make the move for police-style firearm training for the armed guard subsection of the industry.
Finally, we close with a look at our most read stories of the past week:
- Tyco International to Split Up?
- Employer Not Liable for Negligent Retention of Violent Security Guard
- Police Use Satellite Positioning to Find Bank's Stolen Cash
- Q&A: Bosch's Leon Chlimper on the Future of the Security Industry
- Exclusive Q&A: Robert LaPenta on the State of Biometrics
- A Gem of a Theft: Fighting Jewelry Store Robberies