For all of you systems integrators who've been looking at ways to integrate RFID/asset tracking technology into the systems you build, this week marked some good news on that front. Some of the top vendors â€“ 20 of them â€“ have joined forces to create a vendor-neutral affiliation that will help standardize technology on RFID so that interoperability can really happen. Now, wouldn't that be swell? Wouldn't that make your lives much easier? Keep your fingers crossed that RFID technology doesn't get choked by proprietary designs.
Finally, a look at what your peers are reading:
- Wal-Mart Loss Prevention Officers Break Major Internal Fraud
- Big Tax Deductions Proposed for Alarm Systems Buyers
- Our Man in the Field: The Process of the IP Solution, Part VII
- Combating Refund Fraud: 'How-To' Case Studies (Part 3)
- Fruitful and Multiplying: Number of Cameras in NYC Continues to Rise
- Computer Forensics Explained: A Primer for Physical Security Professionals