Marcus Dunn is the director of Government Relations at the Security Industry Association
The Security Industry Association’s (SIA) Government Summit, the premier public policy conference in the security industry, is scheduled for June 19 through 20 at the Embassy Suites Washington Convention Center Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Summit participants will have the opportunity to visit Capitol Hill and meet with Members of Congress on Monday, June 18 at a Congressional Reception from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Rayburn Foyer of the Rayburn House Office Building. Opening remarks on the June 19 will be followed by panel discussions on post 9-11 procurement; public safety from an end-user perspective; the future of access and ID management; securing the smart grid; a briefing on contracting and procurement within the defense and intelligence communities; and connecting with state and local government.
Senator Fred Thompson, known as much for his many other endeavors as for his political career, will be the keynote speaker at the SIA annual Public Policy Dinner on June 19 at The Hamilton Live in Washington, D.C.
Representative Pete King (R-NY) will speak on June 20 at 9 a.m. Rep. King is chairman of the Homeland Security Committee and also serves on the Financial Services Committee and Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
Mark Borkowski, assistant commissioner for the Office of Technology Innovation and Acquisition (OTIA) with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is also slated to speak.
Other speakers for the 2012 SIA Government Summit include:
- Stewart Branam, director of security, Washington Nationals Baseball
- William Flynn, deputy assistant secretary , Office of Infrastructure Protection, DHS
- Jeremy Grant, senior executive advisor, NIST
- Richard Greninger, international vice-chair, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Kevin Hay, Chief of Police, The George Washington University
- Roger Kilmer, director, Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Doug Moran, chief strategy officer, C-SAM
- Dr. John Moteff, Congressional Research Service
- Gary Rodgers, senior policy advisor for DHS FEMA Grant Programs
- John Schwartz, assistant director, TWIC Programs
- Kellie Stoker, chief law enforcement and security, GSA
- Pat Traeger, SOCCENT
Registration for the 2012 SIA Government Summit is open at www.siaonline.org/summit and SIA members who register before May 19, 2012 can attend for the discounted rate of $595 ($795 for non-members). After May 19, the registration fee is $695 for SIA members and $895 for non-members.
A block of rooms at the Embassy Suites (202-739-2001) has been reserved for June 18 to 20, 2012 and rooms are available at a discounted rate until May 23 or until they have been booked. Reserve your room early.
Marcus Dunn is the director of Government Relations at the Security Industry Association and can be reached by calling 703-647-8482, or email@example.com.