In my 26 years in this industry, I’ve attended a lot of conferences, exhibits, seminars and vendor or association affairs passed off as meaningful events. Unfortunately I find way too many of them long on schmooze time and short on substance. And if you are lucky enough to latch on to a conference that seems to feature tangible content, it will usually cost you a small fortune to attend!
So when we created our Secured Cities Conference in 2011 we decided on two important differentiators – make the event content-driven and make it affordable. That’s why coming to Baltimore on November 14-15 is a good investment.
Secured Cities is the only conference in the United States that provides an interactive forum for all law enforcement and management-level security personnel – both public and private – who are responsible for understanding and implementing government funding and grant initiatives, emerging technologies, security and emergency management policy and operations, best practices and peer-led applications.
Secured Cities is not a trade show but rather a solutions summit that serves the public/private partnership initiatives that are driving technology and integrated risk strategies for all stakeholders in this environment including urban business districts, education campuses, healthcare facilities and transit operations.
A Unique Venue
So here’s the deal with Secured Cities and what makes it an event I highly recommend and certainly urge you to consider:
- It’s content-driven
- Covers all the hot security verticals – municipal and regional government, campus, healthcare and transit
- Is the only event in the industry featuring public/private partnership initiatives that include technology, funding and budget issues
- There are more than 60 concurrent sessions packed into two days
- It is the only conference that compliments your classroom sessions with live tours of real facilities hosted by the security professionals that staff them
- It is a peer-to-peer event that doesn’t allow vendors to attend unless they are sponsors
- It is a small venue that allows for intimate interaction with your peers and more than 50 solutions providers you want to see
- And—it’s affordable!
That’s right. A conference with substance your budget can handle. This is the 5th Secured Cities event, which initially launched as a niche municipal video surveillance best practices conference. But we quickly saw that the ecosystem of urban public and private partners spanned many areas, as security directors and campus police chiefs from major colleges and universities, public school system administrators, security managers at large healthcare facilities and security directors for city transit authorities joined the event as attendees.
That’s why we expanded the umbrella to include all of these stakeholders in new Secured Cities Conference for 2013. This year’s comprehensive session tracks are laser-focused to include specific technology and management classes for those in the campus, healthcare, transit and public safety sectors. Most of the sessions are peer-led and interactive.
We are thrilled to have the IAHSS partnering with Secured Cities for the healthcare security track. From reducing ER tensions to protecting sensitive data, healthcare facilities face numerous threats. The Secured Healthcare features presentations from experts on how to mitigate risks by using technology, training and industry best practices. Some of the compelling topics to be discussed include:
- How Healthcare Construction Projects Compromise Security
- CMS Regulations on Use of Force in a Healthcare Environment
- Digital Identity in Healthcare
- Preventative Care: Leveraging Proactive Technology to Secure Hospital Campuses
- Weapons Searches / Metal Detection: A Healthcare Case Study
- Threat Management for Healthcare Management
- Affordable Care Act and How it Affects Maintaining Your Level of Security
- Social Networking Investigations/Cyber Crimes
- Workplace Violence in a Healthcare Setting