The 19th Barnes Buchanan Conference is set for Feb. 6-8 at The Breakers in Palm Beach, Fla. This annual conference consists of a combination of panel discussions and presentations by industry leaders, with an emphasis on exploring new trends and opportunities within the alarm industry. It is a conference where investors, lenders, borrowers, buyers and sellers can efficiently network in a relaxed setting.
Attendees should anticipate the presentations and networking events that they have come to expect from the conference; however, according to Hugh Van der Veer, a partner at Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney and one of the co-founders of the conference, organizers have made a few changes to provide even more networking opportunities — headlined by a new dinner format. Instead of a formal dinner with assigned seating, attendees will convene in a courtyard where various dinner/dessert stations will be set up. The new format will allow for better networking opportunities in a more relaxed environment. Other networking opportunities are included in the agenda at www.barnesbuchanan.com.
As far as the presentations, the schedule includes:
- Barnes Associates’ annual industry overview, delivered by Michael Barnes;
- C-Suite Roundtable including Naren Gursahaney of ADT, Mike Meyers of Monitronics, Don Young of Protection 1 and Matt Eyring of Vivint;
- Company presentations by SAFE, Ackerman Security, Egis Capital and others;
- A panel discussion with Monitronics, ASG and others;
- An overview of the debt and capital markets by David Stang of Bank of America; and
- A 90-minute risk management presentation focused on topics including cyber-security and data privacy.
“In addition to what will be learned from our strong group of panelists, the Barnes Associates industry and market overview is always outstanding,” Van der Veer says.
Register at www.barnesbuchanan.com. If you are unable to attend, SD&I will recap the event in this section in March; SecurityInfoWatch.com will also have live coverage.