Today the Electronic Security Association handed out its annual ESA Leadership Awards, which acknowledge the contribution of outstanding chapters and individual members who have made a positive impact on the security industry. The awards were presented at a ceremony as part of a luncheon at the ESA Leadership Summit in Orlando.
Joe Parisi of Rapid Response Monitoring was named Chapter President of the Year and accepted his award from ESA president John Knox.
Here’s a recap of the other award winners:
- Chapter Executive Director of the Year was Jerry Lenander, who is the executive director of the California Alarm Association;
- NTS Instructor of the Year was Dan Cantrell, director of Technical Training and Development for ADT North America;
- Chapter of the Year was the Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA);
- Chapter Newsletter of the Year was the Louisiana News, a publication of the LLSSA; and
- Chapter Website of the Year was the site from the California Alarm Association.
Additionally, attendees of the luncheon were able to participate in ESA’s Give Back program, and this year’s beneficiary is the Mission 500. Attendees were able to pack a backpack full of school supplies for children in Dallas who desperately need them. The supplies will be distributed soon.
Later this week, ESA will hand out its prestigious Morris F. Weinstock Person of the Year Award — given for outstanding achievement of an individual and their continued efforts on behalf of ESA and the industry; and the Sara E. Jackson Memorial Award, which honors a volunteer who has exhibited exceptional leadership skills on an ESA committee, task force or board.
Look for more coverage from the ESA Leadership Summit on SecurityInfoWatch tomorrow.