While shrinking budgets across the country have limited what school systems have been able to implement in terms of new security technologies, there are still many things school administrators can do to enhance safety and security at their facilities.
Later this month, SecurityInfoWatch.com will host a webinar entitled, "School Security 101: No-cost and Low-cost Ways to Boost School Security," which will feature a presentation from nationally acclaimed school security consultant Paul Timm.
In this hour long program, attendees will hear more than 20 ideas from Timm on how schools can improve security that will have little to no impact on their budgets. Among some of the things attendees can expect to learn about include:
- Procedural changes to improve security
- Visitor management improvements
- Threat reporting & anonymous tip lines
- The best school funding resources
- Criminal & sex offender databases
- Improving school access control
- School emergency/crisis communications
For more information or to register for the webinar, which is scheduled to take place on Oct. 28 at 1 p.m. EST, visit www.securityinfowatch.com/webinars.