The results of a new study conducted by The Aberdeen Group and commissioned by the Security Industry Association (SIA) show that organizations can reduce their per-camera costs by implementing video analytics and other "enabling technologies."
According to the 18-page Quarterly Research Update, companies identified as having "best-in-class performance" and used enabling technologies were able to cut per-camera costs by 67 percent.
Among the reports other findings included:
- The SIA Business Confidence Index dipped in the second quarter. The survey of 100 CEOs of companies that are members of SIA, however, found that 53 percent consider current conditions to be "good to excellent" and 93 percent think conditions will get "much better."
- Remote video monitoring is "experiencing impressive growth which will continue to accelerate as the global economy recovers and technology improves."
- Security monitoring revenues have held steady despite the recession.
- 9 out of 10 retailers have been victims of organized retail crime.
- The video surveillance storage market is expected to grow to $5.6 billion by 2013.