The Information Systems Security Association will honor 18 security professionals and organizations later this year at a reception to be held in San Francisco, Calif., the association announced this week.
Among the categories award recipients will be recognized in include the ISSA Hall of Fame, Honor Roll, Security Professional of the Year, Chapter of Year, Communications Program of the Year, Organization of the Year, and President’s Award for Public Service.
Those to be inducted into the ISSA Hall of Fame for their lifetime achievements as leaders in information include:
• Mary Ann Davidson, CSO, Oracle
• Steve Hunt, CEO, Hunt Business Intelligence
• Lynn McNulty, president, McNulty and Associates
• George Proeller, adjunct professor, Colorado Technical University
• Ron Ross, senior computer scientist and information security researcher, NIST
• Roy Wilkinson, CSO, ImagiTech
ISSA volunteers to be inducted into the Honor Roll for their contributions to the association include:
• Bart Moerman
• Elio Molteni, security solution strategist, CA
• Allen Scalise, president, Great Lakes Networks
• Brian Schultz, senior director of information assurance, Battelle Memorial Institute
Other award recipients include:
• Security Professional of 2008- Mark Johnson, chief information security officer, Vanderbilt University
• President’s Award for Public Service- Sharon Ehlers, principal information systems security engineer, Argotek
• Chapter of the Year- Capitol of Texas, Colorado Springs, Northern Virginia, and Poland
• Communications Program of the Year- UK chapter
• MITRE Corporation was also recognized for its support of the information security industry and the ISSA.