Kirville, Md.'s City Council have voted on a new ordinance that requires carbon monoxide detectors for some homes.
The ordinance applies to residences that have either 1) a heater which "burns fossil fuels that produce carbon monoxide" or 2) an attached garage.
The new ordinance does not specify that the carbon monoxide detectors need to be networked into a whole-house fire system, but it does specify to a limited extent how many detectors are required and general placement for the detectors.
Curiously enough, the city has determined that wood is a fossil fuel (a term that normally is attributed only to fuels like oil, natural gas, propane, kerosene and coal).
KTVO Channel 3 has a copy of the ordinance posted on its website.