GLENVIEW, Ill. - Anixter will host its annual National Seminar Series for the 7th consecutive year. Designing and Managing Today's Data Center will be conducted in 17 cities across the US between April and November of 2006. This year, Anixter is pleased to announce that IBM will be the featured keynote speaker again at these seminars, addressing topics such as design and architectural considerations for modern data centers.
Anixter's 2006 National Seminar will explore the issues most critical to IT and data center managers. Seminar presentations will address the design, build, and maintenance of a 21st century data center, and will offer insight into the latest products, solutions and services that are available. In addition, Anixter's featured manufacturers and IBM will be on hand to answer any questions attendees may have regarding data centers. Participants attending the seminar will also have the opportunity to sign up for courses in Anixter's Data Center University (DCU) program, a unique educational curriculum designed to assist Anixter's customers in designing and managing a state-of-the-art data center. Courses available through Anixter's DCU program include 10 Gigabit cabling, wireless, Power over Ethernet (PoE), thermal management, power cabling, intelligent infrastructure management, access control and video surveillance. To learn more about Anixter's Data Center University program, visit anixter.com/dcu .
These seminars are open to anyone interested in learning the latest products, technology, and designs being deployed in a data center. IT Managers, Facility Directors, IS/LAN Managers, Architects, Consultants, Engineers and others involved in data center management are invited to participate. Registration begins at 11:00 AM and the event includes a complimentary lunch buffet. There is no cost associated with the seminar; however, space is limited. Each seminar will conclude with a free raffle drawing and dessert reception from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
Designing and Managing Today's Data Center seminars are currently scheduled for the following cities:
- New Orleans, LA -- April 28, 2006
- Richmond, VA -- May 11, 2006
- St. Louis, MO -- May 18, 2006
- Novi, MI -- June 15, 2006
- Waukesha, WI -- June 22, 2006
- Council Bluffs, IA -- July 13, 2006
- Farmington, CT -- July 20, 2006
- Columbus, OH -- August 3, 2006
- San Diego, CA -- August 10, 2006
- Charlotte, NC -- August 17, 2006
- Denver, CO -- August 24, 2006
- Overland Park, KS -- August 31, 2006
- Grapevine, TX -- September 14, 2006
- Bloomington, IL -- September 28, 2006
- Portland, OR -- October 19, 2006
- Jeffersontown, KY -- October 26, 2006
- Austin, TX -- November 9, 2006
To view the schedule, register for a seminar in your area, or simply get more information and updates, visit the Anixter Web site at anixter.com/events.