Both in size and diversity, this weekâ€™s ISC Expo is the biggest ever. When you get past the Las Vegas glitz, and if you listen carefully, you hear industry professionals looking for practical answers. Here a short list of some good questions heard -- and overheard -- so far:
- Where do we find GPS-based options for keeping track of guards in cars?
- How do we find a dealer program that will help set us apart in the market?
- What the best for detecting hazardous materials, including chemical or radiation?
- How about biometric technology for a single door?
- Who has the answers on Voice over IP and alarm transmission, both in preventing problems and making money?
- How does remote video monitoring make sense for the retail market?
- How intelligent is intelligent video, and is it really intelligent enough?
- Where do we get help on the false alarm problem?
- What are the options for web-based video and access control management?
- The need is there for personal emergency response systems, but what about reliability -- and liability?
- Whoâ€™s focused on fiber-optics for video networks that are trouble-free for years and years?
Be sure to stay tuned to SecurityInfoWatch.com and Cygnus Security Group magazines Security Dealer and Security Technology & Design in the days and months to come for answers as our editorial staffs address these pressing questions.