The NBFAA has announced that its elections process is beginning.
The NBFAA election committee has proposed nominations of four persons for the
- David Koenig, for a one-year term as vice president. Koenig, of Wisconsin, works with Capital Fire and Security Inc.
- Dom D'Ascoli, for a two-year term as vice president. D'Ascoli, of North Carolina, works with Smoky Mountain Systems and is seeking re-election.
- Marshall Marinace, for a two-year term as vice president. Marinace, of New York, works with Marhsall Alarm Systems and is also seeking re-election.
- John Knox, for a two-year term as secretary. Knox, of Tennessee, works with Life & Property Security Systems.
The organization is also calling for nominations from its membership. According to the NBFAA, nominations must be submitted by "regular, multi-location or national company members in good standing." Requires for a nominee include the following according to NBFAA rules:
- The candidate must have served on the Board of Directors or as a Committee Chairperson for one year and must be the primary or alternate representative of a regular, multi-location or national member company in good standing.
- The candidate must receive a minimum of 10 endorsements from the primary or alternate representative (voting member) of a regular, multi-location or national member company in good standing.
- All nominations must be received in writing and on the letterhead of a regular, multi-location or national member company in good standing no later than April 16, 2006.
- The potential candidate must submit his/her acceptance of the nomination in writing on their member company letterhead to NBFAA headquarters no later than April 16, 2006.
Nominations will need to include the nominee's name, phone number, office for which nominee is being endorsed, nominator's name and nominator's phone number. The nominations must be sent to the NBFAA Office, Attention: NBFAA Elections Committee, 2300 Valley View Lane, Suite 230, Irving, TX 75062. Nominations can be faxed to (214) 260-5979; emailing of nominations is not being accepted by the NBFAA.
The positions will be voted on at the association's annual meeting, which is scheduled for June 15, 2006, at the NBFAA headquarters.