AVAD, a distributor custom home electronics and home automation products, will be hosting a series of two-day "boot camps" at six of the companies locations around the country. Two other workshops in the series will be held with CEDIA at the CEDIA Expo in Denver and the CEDIA training facility in Indianapolis.
The series, designed for dealers looking to improve skills in home automation design, will start in August and conclude in November. Workshops will be lead by Todd Adams, a CEDIA certified instructor and an author of three books addressing residential systems design.
The workshops cost $995 and include lunches, workbooks, a CD with case studies. Attendees will earn 10 CEUs toward maintaining of their CEDIA certification.
The schedule for the workshops is as follows:
- Aug. 9-10: Tampa, Fla., at AVAD
- Aug. 16-17: Gaithersburg, Md., at AVAD
- Sept. 16-17: Denver, Colo., at CEDIA Expo
- Oct. 3-4: Indianapolis, Ind., at CEDIA training facility
- Oct. 16-17: Austin, Texas, at AVAD
- Oct. 23-24: San Jose, Calif., at AVAD
- Nov. 7-8: Raleigh, N.C., at AVAD
- Nov. 13-14: Avon, Ohio, at AVAD
Registration can be performed online at www.cedia.org/education.