(4) the address of the alarm system location; and
(5) the date of installation or activation.
(c) Information provided to a governmental body under this section is confidential and subject to disclosure only as provided under Section 1702.284.
(d) An alarm systems company commits an offense if the company violates Subsection (a) or (b). An offense under this subsection is a Class C misdemeanor.
(e) The duties imposed by this section on an alarm systems company do not apply to the installation or activation of a personal emergency response system, as defined under Section 1702.006.
Sec. 1702.287. DETECTION DEVICE CONTROL PANELS; MINIMUM STANDARDS. An alarm systems company may not install any alarm system on or after January 1, 2007, that includes a detection device control panel unless the control panel meets or exceeds the standards of the American National Standards Institute for false alarm reduction.
Sec. 1702.288. NOTICE OF CERTAIN INFORMATION TO RECIPIENT OF ALARM SYSTEM SERVICES. (a) The board shall adopt rules in accordance with this section that require a license holder acting as an alarm systems company under this chapter to inform each of the license holder's clients that the client is entitled to receive a written contract for alarm system services that contains the client's fee arrangement and other relevant information about services to be rendered.
(b) The rules shall require that a written contract for alarm system services shall be furnished to a client in accordance with Subsection (a) not later than the seventh day after the date the client requests the written contract.
(c) The rules shall require that the written contract for services shall be dated and signed by the owner or manager of an alarm systems company or a person expressly authorized by the owner or manager to sign written contracts on behalf of the company.
(d) The rules shall require that, not later than the seventh day after the date of entering into a contract for services regulated by the board with another alarm systems company or alarm systems monitor, an alarm systems company shall:
(1) notify the recipient of those services of the name, address, and telephone number, and individual to contact at the company that purchased the contract;
(2) notify the recipient of services at the time the contract is negotiated that another licensed company may provide any of the services requested by subcontracting or outsourcing those services; and
(3) if any of the services are subcontracted or outsourced to a licensed third party, notify the recipient of services, by mail, of the name, address, phone number, and license number of the company providing those services.
(e) The rules shall require that notice provided to a recipient of services under Subsection (d) shall:
(1) be mailed to the recipient in a written form that emphasizes the required information; and
(2) include stickers or other materials to be affixed to an alarm system indicating the alarm systems company's or alarm systems monitor's new telephone number.