The Women’s Security Council presented its first Women of the Year Awards at its reception and accolades event last night at Pinot Brasserie in the Venetian Hotel on the eve of the ISC West Show 2012 in Las Vegas.
The event surpassed expectations, and more than 100 women and men, including sponsors, came out in support of the organization, which was launched just last year at ISC West. Highlight of the evening was the inaugural Women in the Year awards, designed to laud women in all facets of the security industry for their leadership. The Women’s Security Council is a network of successful security professionals focused on promoting the advancement of women in the industry.
Awards were presented to the following individuals in their respective categories:
- Systems Integrator: Erica Wood, CSO, American Fire & Security
- Security Service Provider: Patricia Schmitt, President and CEO, Aegis Protective Services
- Manufacturer: Carole Dougan, Vice President Strategic Accounts, Arecont Vision
- Distributor: Debby Maffei, National Account Manager, ScanSource Security
- End User: Michele Freadman, Deputy Director of Aviation Security Operations, Boston Logan International Airport
- Dealer: Amy Kothari, President and CEO, Alarm Capital Alliance
- In the Trenches: Renee Mallonee, Dealer Marketing Manager, Monitronics International.
“Each of this year’s award recipients are paving the way for increased roles of responsibility and opportunity for women in the security industry, and they are a reminder to us of the tremendous impact that women leaders can have,” said Rhianna Daniels, Founding Committee Member, WSC, and Managing Director, CompassPR. “Each of them demonstrates qualities of outstanding leadership and serves as tremendous role models for a next wave of female professionals.”
The 2012 Corporate Sponsors of WSC, a not-for-profit organization, include: ADT/Tyco, ISC Events, MG Design, Alarm Capital Alliance, Milestone Systems, MOBOTIX Corp., Siemens Industry Inc., Blair & Company, CompassPR and Next Level Security Systems. SIA is the WSC Association sponsor. Premier media sponsor is Security Dealer & Integrator magazine. Other media sponsors include: Business Solutions, Canadian Security, Campus Safety, Security Director News, Security Sales & Integration, Security Systems News and SP&T.
For more information on membership or sponsorships, visit http://www.wscouncil.com.