ASIS International on Tuesday announced that Geoffrey T. Craighead, vice president of Calif.-based Universal Protection Service, will serve as the organization’s president in 2013. Craighead succeeds Eduard J. Emde, who will become the chairman of ASIS’ board of directors.
Both Craighead and Emde will serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors, which directs the activities of ASIS between meetings of the full board. Joining Craighead and Emde on the five-member committee will be:
- Richard E. Widup, Jr., president-elect; senior director of corporate security at Purdue Pharma L.P.
- Dave N. Tyson, treasurer; vice president of Tyson Security Risk Advisory
- David C. Davis, secretary; senior manager at Northrop Grumman
Additionally, two new members were elected in August to serve on the organization’s board of directors for the 2013-1015 term including; Richard E. Chase, CSO of General Atomics, and Thomas J. Langer, vice president of security for BAE Systems. Joseph H. McDonald, CSO of Switch Communications Group, was also re-elected in August to a second term on the board.
The following members will also continue to serve on the ASIS board:
- Brian J. Allen, chief of security for Time Warner Cable
- Deborah L. Allen, director of product stewardship and security at Potash Corporation
- Darryl R. Branham, senior director of security systems at Travelers Insurance Company
- Chad Callaghan, principal at Premises Liability Experts
- Stephen Scharf, senior vice president and global chief information security officer at Experian
- John E. Turey, senior director of enterprise risk management & global security at TE Connectivity
ASIS board members serve a three-year term. Newly elected board members and officers will assume their positions on Jan.1, 2013.