ASIS announced this week that Thomas Tidiks, group chief security officer for Zurich Insurance, has been named president of the CSO Roundtable Advisory Board for 2013.
According to a statement, Tidiks was one of the founding members of Roundtable, which was established in 2008 to provide security executives with insights on job performance, leadership and professional development. The advisory board helps set strategic direction and establishes goals for the organization.
In addition to Tidiks, Rick Kelly, director of global security for Ingersoll Rand of North Carolina, was named vice president of the advisory board. Kelly will ascend to the presidency of the board in 2014.
Three other members were also named to the board for 2013 including:
- Dan Consalvo, manager corporate security, State Farm Insurance
- Mike Howard, chief security officer, Microsoft Corporation
- Ty Richmond, senior vice president, global security, Sony Pictures
The other members of the nine-person body are:
- Russell Cancilla, vice president and chief security officer, Baker Hughes, Inc.
- Bryan J. Fort, director of corporate security, McCormick & Company, Inc.
- Edward McDonough, director, corporate security, Tyco International
- William Phillips, vice president, chief security and safety officer, CNA Financial
The CSO Roundtable will hold its 6th Annual Spring Conference on March 4-5 at the University Club in Chicago, Ill. The event will feature a keynote address by Argo author Tony Mendez.