The Security Industry Association announced on Tuesday that it is seeking nominations for the George R. Lippert Memorial Award, which will be presented during SIA Honors Night on Nov. 20 in New York City.
The award is presented annually to individuals in recognition of their service to the security industry and SIA. To qualify for the award, a nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Employed in the security industry for more than five years with a manufacturer, distributor or service company
- Affiliated with a company that is a SIA member in good standing
- Respected as a leader in SIA and the industry
- Viewed as a goodwill ambassador for SIA and the industry, as demonstrated by activities with various industry segments, such as regulatory agencies, industry associations, etc.
- And, recognized as honest, responsible, courteous and kind.
The SIA Lippert Award Committee will evaluate candidates based on their long-term service to SIA and the security industry, the impact of their efforts on behalf of SIA and the industry, and their integrity, leadership and diplomacy as demonstrated in industry dealings.
The deadline to submit nominees is Sept. 10. Click here for more information or to nominate someone for the award.