One of Avigilon's two new H.264 HD cameras.
Photo credit: Photo courtesy Avigilon
Vancouver, Canada – October 18, 2011 – Avigilon, a leader in high definition (HD) and megapixel video surveillance solutions, today announced two new additions to the company’s popular line of H.264 HD cameras. The new H.264 HD cameras are available in either 1.0 or 2.0 megapixels and feature a 3-9 mm lens with remote focus and zoom for greater coverage, enhanced performance in low-light conditions, and come in a smaller form factor.
The Avigilon line of H.264 HD cameras have been designed to deliver megapixel performance to customers who are looking to capture high quality surveillance footage while minimizing bandwidth and storage requirements.
"Avigilon is continually developing new surveillance solutions designed to help protect our customers and preserve their most important assets," said Keith Marett, director of marketing and communications at Avigilon. "The new H.264 HD cameras deliver superior image quality and performance in a compact and convenient form factor—perfect for applications requiring discreet, easy to install cameras."
The new H.264 HD progressive scan CMOS cameras have been designed for a wide range of surveillance applications, ease-of-installation, and superior image quality and deliver the following features and benefits:
- Integrated fully motorized 3-9 mm F1.2 lens provides remote zoom and focus for easy installation and unsurpassed image quality.
- Image transmission over 100BASE-TX using H.264 technology to achieve the lowest network bandwidth, requiring minimal storage for video at high frame rates with superior image quality.
- An advanced image acquisition system that automatically adjusts the exposure time, iris aperture, and removable IR cut filter to ensure all available evidence is captured throughout the full range of day and night time scenes.
- Seamless integration with Avigilon Control Center NVMS and High Definition NVRs.
- ONVIF compliance to provide support from other leading video management systems.
- Powered by either Power over Ethernet, 12 VDC, or 24 VAC.