Tamron launched its Varifocal IR lens with automatic zoom and focus control that is fully compatible with 1/3-inch format megapixel resolution cameras. The new model DF010NA lens provides an extended focal length range of 3.0-9mm and has an ultra-wide maximum aperture of F/1.2.
Megapixel cameras can only function optimally when the focus point is accurately set, which requires extremely precise adjustments. Conventional Vari-Focal IR lenses must be adjusted manually during installation, a time-consuming process requiring considerable effort and specialized knowledge. Tamron addressed this challenge by developing and launching model DF010NA, designed to substantially reduce installation time and ease the burden on end users. Additional features include:
• Automatic zoom and focus are adjustable externally after installation of the dome-cover
• Uniform design of the motor and gearbox enables the precise zoom and focus adjustments required with megapixel-resolution cameras
• Compact design is ready for installation on popular 3-inch mini-dome cameras with easy fit
• Infrared switching mechanism achieves true 24-hour surveillance with clear image quality even at night and near infrared lighting conditions
• Further improvement in corner resolution is achieved over earlier model lenses with more than a megapixel in resolution
• Attention is paid to diverse CMOS sensor size in image circle design
• Gear rings on the control ring enable remote control of focus and zoom
• Designed as an environmentally sensitive product.