Taipei, Taiwan, May 2011- QNAP Security, the leading manufacturer of Linux-embedded standalone Network Video Recorders (NVR) today announced the availability of the new V3.5.0 VioStor NVR firmware. The firmware upgrade greatly improves the surveillance performance of QNAP VioStor NVR servers with the following new features:
- Dynamic E-map: The dynamic E-map feature allows users to pinpoint the position of each IP camera on a multi-layered digital map. It also provides instant notification of alerts whereas immediate access to the corresponding live view is gained by simply clicking on the desired camera icon.
- Video Segment Backup to External USB Device: Users can now back up specific video segments of the camera channels from the VioStor NVR to an external USB storage device connected to the front panel of the NVR by specifying the start and end time. It offers an exceptionally convenient way for video backup.
- Real-time Video Watermarking: Real-time digital watermarks are embedded to the videos of the IP cameras as soon as they are recorded to the VioStor NVR to ensure the authenticity of the video files.
- 16-Channel Simultaneous Video Playback: The new V3.5.0 firmware has largely increased the maximum number of channels for simultaneous remote playback from 4 to 16 to enhance the efficiency of video investigation.
- New IP Cameras Support: In addition to more than 1,000 models of IP camera and video server, QNAP Security has added the support for Basler, Samsung, Yokogawa, and ONVIF-compliant Bosch, EverFocus and Hunt IP cameras to its compatibility list for the VioStor NVR series. New models of the existing compatible brands are also supported.
The VioStor NVR offers abundant features such as 128-channel monitoring from multiple NVR servers without additional PC software, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) for fast video retrieval, generic IP camera integration by JPEG CGI command, digital watermarking, advanced event management, email and SMS alert, online RAID capacity expansion, and online RAID level migration. The new V3.5.0 firmware is available for immediate download and installation from http://www.qnapsecurity.com/download.asp. For more information on QNAP VioStor NVR servers, please visit http://www.qnapsecurity.com.
The demo video of the VioStor NVR: http://www.qnapsecurity.com/App_Video04.asp
QNAP VioStor NVR solutions are widely applied in various vertical markets such as retail, home to office, banking, hotel, industrial, government and educational institutions. As mentioned above, VioStor NVR are principally designed for small to large-scale system requirements, which can be easily seen in its user-access management tool, data smooth-running via networking devices and the 3rd party product compatibility.