- Feature multi-layered security with a tamper-proof design using EAL5+-certified secure element hardware to protect keys and cryptographic operations for additional identity data security. The field-programmable readers also feature energy-efficient intelligent power management and use recycled content to help attain LEED credits.
- Available in two configurations: iCLASS SIO technology-enabled (SE) readers, and multiCLASS SE readers that enable seamless migration by supporting multiple credential technologies including 125 kHz HID Prox, Indala Prox, AWID and EM4102.
SIO Technology-Enabled Digital Credentials:
- iCLASS SE Cards: Available in 2k-bit, 16k-bit or 32k-bit versions. Users can add a magnetic stripe/barcode and anti-counterfeiting features including custom artwork and photo IDs.
- iCLASS SE Clamshell Cards: Feature an ABS shell construction for durability in harsh environments.
- SIO-Enabled (SE) Cards for MIFARE: Use mutual authentication and data encryption with a 32-bit serial number, and feature securely separated sectors to allow complex applications and enable future expansion.
-SIO-Enabled (SE) Cards for MIFARE DESFire EV1: Available in PVC and Composite PET/PVC construction, they can accept embedded contact chips for logical access and biometric ID systems. Custom programming with Indala formats is also available.
Tools for Developers
Additionally, HID Global has introduced the SIO Processor Developer Tool Kit (DTK) for developing products to the iCLASS SE platform. The SIO Processor DTK supports the development of new SE credentials based on technologies including iCLASS SE, iCLASS Elite and MIFARE Classic, as well as standard iCLASS to provide compatibility with existing installations or card deployments. Developers have several options for embedding the SIO Processor into new and existing card and reader designs as well as an emerging class of portable digital credentials for NFC-based phones and other platforms.
HID Global’s iCLASS SE and multiCLASS SE readers, iCLASS SE, iCLASS SE clamshell, SIO-Enabled (SE) for MIFARE and MIFARE DESFire EV1 credentials are available now. The SIO Processor is available to early access customers. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com/iclass-se and to download the complete whitepaper visit http://www.hidglobal.com/iclass-whitepaper.