Pentax PAIR (Pentax Atmospheric Interference Reduction) lenses for outdoor video surveillance/CCTV applications
Photo credit: Image courtesy PENTAX Imaging Company
GOLDEN, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PENTAX Imaging Company has announced new technology to overcome the big challenges of the atmospheric interference of fog, snow, and haze in outdoor live security surveillance. PENTAX Atmospheric Interference Reduction (PAIR) system technology offers newly developed image processing circuitry installed directly within PENTAX lens housings with specific step-by-step signal processing for each lens characteristic.
The primary advantages of in-camera PAIR technology include:
- No image adjustment requirements.
- Real-time clear images available immediately after video switching with multiple cameras.
- Removable noise (graininess) that is caused by solid particles such as snow, smoke, or sand or by liquid particles such as fog and rain.
- Color image reproduction for more accurate information.
- Half the cost of dedicated devices such as image enhancers and/or element cancellation devices.
“PAIR technology entirely eliminates the need for more expensive, separate fog cancellation devices that require multiple cameras with individual adjustments,” said Tom Harada, Managing Director of Security Systems and Machine Vision Optics, PENTAX Imaging Company.
PENTAX PAIR Zoom Lens Models Featuring New Technology
- H55ZAME-F-PAIR01 1/2 INCH 55X ZOOM LENS
f=12mm~660mm (~1680mm with 2.5x EXTENDER) F4.0~360*
(*model most suitable for border/harbor patrol surveillance)
H33ZME-F-PAIR01 1/2 INCH 33X ZOOM LENS
- H20ZAME-F-PAIR01 1/2 INCH 20X ZOOM LENS
(**models most suitable for railway, highway and guard post surveillance)
More information is available here: www.pentaxcctvus.com.
PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of security industry lens products, digital SLR systems, compact cameras, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For 90 years, PENTAX technology has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of Hoya Corporation.