Intransa, the VideoAppliance company, today announced the first in a new line of appliances that enable physical security applications to be easily and reliably deployed with EMC VNX unified storage and EMC CLARiiON CX4 storage systems. The new Intransa VDMR Appliance integrates EMC storage with Intransa's patented and patent-pending Video and Data Management & Retention (VDMR) technology suite. In addition, more than two dozen physical security applications from the industry's leading software developers of video surveillance, access control and video analytics are available as certified preloaded options on the Intransa VDMR Appliance with EMC storage.
"We are very excited about the opportunity to bring together the best of breed video surveillance software with EMC's industry-leading midrange storage systems to deliver reliable and robust physical security solutions," said Tony Wood, senior director OEM Sales, EMC. "Intransa's impeccable reputation within the industry with its line of green VideoAppliance platforms and their strong go-to-market network is what attracted us to want to work together."
EMC VNX and EMC CLARiiON storage systems have been tested with the Intransa VDMR Appliance, making EMC the first to achieve Data Center Storage SELECT ELITE certification through the Intransa Technology Lab partner program. Through the process, EMC systems have completed both Level 2 and Level 3 integration and performance testing, achieving Intransa's highest certification.
"Data center customers throughout the world trust EMC to store and manage their most critical data," said Bud Broomhead, CEO, Intransa. "By adding the Intransa VDMR Appliance to the mix, those same customers are now able to leverage hundreds of physical security products jointly certified by Intransa Technology Labs and their developers. That includes dozens of the most popular applications that are available as preloaded options with the appliance family."
Intransa VDMR Appliance features include:
- Video Stream Optimization , smoothing video recording and playback for reliable long term retention without risk of frame loss or storage fragmentation;
- Video Stream Director , simplifying integration of IP camera, management/viewing and storage networks;
- VSA Multi-Mode Application Support , enabling a single appliance to replace multiple commodity servers, running multiple applications simultaneously;
- VSA Energy Manager , reducing energy consumption by 40-70% for long term video archiving, without need for offline recording to tape or CD/DVD media;
- Video System Administrator (VSA) Console, with simple, security-oriented terminology for appliance operation via a powerful graphical user interface;
- VSA Alerting & Reporting , for hands-free operation;
- VSA LUN/Volume Manager , for interfacing with EMC storage;
- VSA Agent , seamlessly interfaces between server/storage components and application/VSA modes;
- VSA Tiered Availability , for selectable fault resilient and high availability storage;
- VSA Systems Center , for multiple appliance management as a single platform.
As the first and most successful program of its type in the physical security industry, hundreds of other software and hardware products have also completed basic CERTIFIED-level testing through the Intransa Technology Labs. Dozens of physical security vendors have achieved SELECT or SELECT ELITE certification for products ranging from video management systems, access control and video analytics to an extensive range of IP cameras and enabled devices. All of these applications and products are now able to leverage EMC storage with the Intransa VDMR Appliance.
A single Intransa VDMR Appliance is ideal for video surveillance deployments of 1 to 154 standard IP cameras, depending upon codec and other considerations. Multiple appliances can be deployed with EMC storage for more extensive requirements. Each appliance eliminates the need for commodity servers that are not tested or optimized for physical security workloads, while leveraging the power of EMC storage in a certified, risk-free deployment.
Intransa appliances have been widely deployed by customers in the physical security, industrial video and related markets since its introduction in mid-2009. Company products have received wide acclaim and have been recognized as the Best in Video Storage and Distribution by the Security Industry Association at ISC West 2010.
The Intransa VDMR Appliance will be on display in the Genetec booth, 21051, at ISC West 2011, April 6-8, 2011 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV. Intransa executives will also be on hand in the Intransa booth, 8100, throughout the event. To schedule an advance appointment with Intransa, please email Peter.Dumont@intransa.com. More information about the Intransa VDMR Appliance for EMC can be found on www.IntransaForEMC.com