WATERLOO, Canada – Nov. 1, 2010 -- Aimetis Corp., a global leader in intelligent IP video management software, today launched Aimetis Symphony Version 6.5, which offers enhanced scalability, availability and updated video analytics.
Aimetis Symphony combines robust video management and video analytics in one unified software platform. By analyzing video in real-time, organizations can achieve the desired business impact through timely and actionable information. Aimetis Symphony’s simple and straightforward licensing options offer maximum flexibility, ease of use, and a cost-effective entry point for the seamless migration to IP-Surveillance. All of this is backed by the industry’s best support.
What’s new in Aimetis Symphony 6.5:
- Scalability -- Over 200 concurrent users and up to 300 cameras per server. This helps achieve new levels of hardware efficiency.
- Availability – Improved server farm options allow automatic server failover, reducing the risk of system failure.
- Enhanced User Management – Enables user groups, provides more granular rights and user profiles, which simplifies user management.
- Video Walls – Out-of-box video wall functionality reduces video distribution and display costs by leveraging COTS hardware.
- Improved People Counter – Offers better accuracy in busy environments.
- Enhanced Business Intelligence Reporting -- Offers actionable information.
"We work closely with our partners to ensure Aimetis provides the leading-edge capabilities that their customers want for improved safety, security and operations," said Marc Holtenhoff, CEO, Aimetis Corp. "Symphony raises the bar where scalability, availability and flexibility is concerned."
The new enhancements are now incorporated into Aimetis Symphony, which offers the following market-leading capabilities:
- Future-Proof Surveillance -- With three software license versions to choose from, Aimetis Symphony has a solution for every stage on the migration path from analog CCTV to intelligent IP video. And, with the industry's simplest licensing model, transitioning is easier than ever.
- Open IP Video Management -- Aimetis Symphony installs on standard IT hardware, supports hundreds of camera models, provides a feature-rich, easy-to-use interface, and has a full Application Programming Interface (API) that makes integration with third-party systems, such as access control, easy.
- Proven Video Analytics -- Aimetis VE Series video analytics are seamlessly incorporated into Aimetis Symphony, analyzing video in real-time and providing organizations with intelligent information at their fingertips. Aimetis People Counter is an embedded video analytics software application for use with several Axis Communications network video products.
- Security & Beyond -- With advanced video search tools, and a comprehensive selection of on-demand reports, organizations use Aimetis Symphony for business intelligence in addition to security surveillance, helping them to better plan business requirements, improve operations and increase ROI.
Aimetis Symphony 6.5 supports hundreds of camera and encoder models and is available immediately from Aimetis channel partners.