Anaheim, CA, September 21, 2009 – Scallop Imaging , the leader in high resolution, digital video camera technology, is showcasing the Digital Window™ D7-180 security camera this week at ASIS International, the world's most comprehensive educational and networking event in the security industry. Digital Window streams and records in seven megapixel high resolution throughout its 180 degree field of view, without fisheye distortion. Scallop Imaging is publicly demonstrating the camera, which won an ASIS Accolades award , in booth #3935.
“Video surveillance often covers areas that are 180 degrees wide, like the sides of office buildings and other man-made spaces. Traditional security cameras, composed of a single lens and image sensor, either require a number of cameras to cover a 180 degree field of view, or utilize extreme, wide angle lenses that are costly and introduce optical distortion,” said Peter Jones, CEO of Scallop Imaging. “Digital Window distributes this imaging task across five powerful microsensors, providing an extraordinary increase in capability, at lower cost, and lower bandwidth requirements than traditional IP video cameras.”
The camera's embedded CPUs process over 100 megapixels per second, synthesizing image data into a seamless, 180 degree field of view. Through its embedded web server, it services connection requests and provides three simultaneous video streams:
• A constant 180 degree view, without any fisheye distortion, at 15 fps;
• A high resolution, 15 fps detail window that is instantly repositionable; and
• A full seven megapixel, 180 degree video stream at one fps for storage and later review.
The Digital Window D7-180 also features:
• Power over Ethernet, easing installation and power supply costs;
• H.264 and MJPEG video compression, reducing bandwidth requirements;
• Two-way audio support (via firmware upgrade) and an ambient temperature sensor;
• Remote access through web browser interfaces on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux PCs; and
• A small form factor of 2.84”w x 5.45”h x 2.48”d.
The MSRP for the D7-180 camera is $1,695. For ordering and other information, please email email@example.com .
About Scallop Imaging, Inc.
Scallop Imaging is a division of Tenebraex Corporation, which designs and manufactures innovative optical products that solve real world problems. Scallop Imaging provides businesses, individuals and the military with a range of high resolution camera technologies that dramatically improve visual capabilities. Based in Boston, Scallop Imaging is led by principals from companies including CNET Networks, Lotus Development Corp., General Electric, and Polaroid Corp. For more information, visit www.scallopimaging.com