LAS VEGAS (April 1, 2009) – VideoIQ, the inventor of the world’s first and only intelligent surveillance cameras and encoders with a built-in DVR, today announced at ISC West (booth #2098, Sands Expo and Convention Center, Las Vegas) major new capabilities in the latest version of its VideoIQ View™video management and camera/encoder software. View is a complete video management software suite included with the VideoIQ iCVR family of intelligent video surveillance cameras and encoders that provides customers with the highest level of proactive security protection available. View taps the iCVR’s capabilities to verify and manage security alarms, stream live surveillance video and search recorded video, among many other features and functionalities.
“The latest version of VideoIQ View software provides a number of valuable new capabilities, particularly in the area of alarm notification, analytic capability, recording flexibility and video review,” said Scott Schnell, CEO of VideoIQ, Inc. “Customers appreciate the intelligence and networking advantages of the iCVR, and View does a great job of making these breakthrough capabilities easy and accessible.”
VideoIQ View features the following enhancements and features:
• Browser access to both live video and alarm clips – In addition to accessing cameras and encoders from the VideoIQ View professional client, iCVR customers can now easily access recorded alarm clips, view live video and perform select administrative functions from a web browser.
• Automatic e-mail notification – When security threats are detected, the iCVR can directly e-mail alarm messages to a user-defined list. Recipients then use a web browser to instantly access both the recorded alarm video clip and the live stream from the camera – enabling end-users or service providers to evaluate the threat immediately and contact appropriate authorities from any location or supported device.
• Recorded video export – Users can create self-running evidence CDs for authorities or forensic investigators, including both event notification clips and complete, high-quality video event records. All video is watermarked for tamper proofing, and analytic markers can be shown or hidden as a playback option.
• Full-screen video display – Enables users to zoom to full-screen display of video from any iCVR camera or encoder, providing a closer look at live video or recorded events.
• 30 fps – iCVR cameras and encoders now support video recording and streaming at up to 30 frames per second at D1 resolution, doubling the previous frame rate.
• Schedule-based, high-quality recording – Record at high quality based on time schedules, or whenever people or vehicles are present, without generating an alarm. This gives users even more advanced intelligent DVR capabilities to maximize storage space, assuring the highest quality video when it’s needed.
• Automated archive – Now users can optionally archive video to central storage for redundancy. Archive scheduling gives customers the flexibility to choose the time and frequency that meet their needs.
• Integration support – iCVR cameras and encoders now feature a rich set of public application programming interfaces (APIs), enabling easy integration into 3rd party video management, access control, command and control, central station monitoring and physical security information management systems. VideoIQ provides a powerful software development kit (SDK) to facilitate the integration work.
• “Head and shoulders” indoor analytic detection mode – This new indoor detection mode enables accurate detection of people even when desks and furniture substantially obscure them as they move through a typical office environment.
• PTZ control for iCVR encoder – Analog PTZ cameras attached to iCVR encoders can now be controlled from the VideoIQ View software client. The iCVR encoder continuously records PTZ camera output and provides analytic monitoring while the PTZ is in its home position.
• Analytic refinement – Object search, night detection, tracking and lighting adaptation enhancements are also included in this new version, providing customers with increased accuracy and versatility.
The iCVR is a powerful platform that gets smarter and better with each new capability release, providing ever-increasing ROI for customers. All upgrades can be performed remotely over a network and can be applied to groups of cameras at the same time.
VideoIQ View software is bundled with every VideoIQ iCVR encoder and camera. Driven by next-generation analytics, the iCVR product family combines automated event detection, a built-in DVR and integrated video management into a single solution – a combination that provides proactive security and solves the bandwidth and storage problems of traditional IP cameras. The iCVR is the only intelligent solution in the industry that requires no tuning or calibration – users can simply plug it in and begin using it immediately.
VideoIQ View software comes with every VideoIQ iCVR encoder and camera, and is available free of charge to all existing customers. For more information, contact 888-351-1758 or email@example.com.