· Future directions for the OneHolyoke Blueprint: Following these two pilot projects, the blueprint lays out the strategy and foundation for additional projects that include; smart work centers to provide more effective ways of working; connected healthcare to increase clinical and medical services within the community, and broader community services to support governmental efficiencies and easier access to services for citizens.
Elaine A. Pluta, mayor, city of Holyoke, Mass.
“We are extremely excited to be working with Cisco to transform Holyoke into a modern, technology-driven city that residents can be proud to be a part of. The initial phase of pilot programs is just the first step for the city toward creating a more sustainable and collaborative environment for our citizens. Over time, the city of Holyoke will continue to introduce new programs and solutions to provide residents with access to the tools and services they require to thrive, now and into the future.”
Elisabeth Zornes, senior director of Smart+Connected Communities for North America, Cisco
“Cisco is pleased to be working with a forward-thinking city such as Holyoke to introduce effective network-driven solutions that will ultimately transform the area into a connected community. By proactively seeking new and innovative methods to build out infrastructure and deploying key technologies that address the needs of its citizens, Holyoke is poised to make major steps forward in its vision for economic, social and environmental sustainability.”
- For more information on Cisco Smart+Connected Communities: http://www.cisco.com/go/smartconnectedcommunities
- For further details on Cisco urban safety and security solutions: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6712/index.html
- For information on Cisco Connected Health: http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/healthcare/connected_health.html
- Further information on Holyoke, Mass.: http://www.holyoke.org/
- CareerPoint Center in Holyoke: http://www.careerpointma.org/
- Open Square Office and Retail Space: http://opensquare.com/index.php
- Massachusetts Green High-Performance Computing Center and Research Program in Holyoke: http://www.innovateholyoke.com/
- Cisco introduces innovations in urban safety and security at ASIS 2010.
- Smart Work Center Bright City opens first public Cisco TelePresence suite in Netherlands.
- Cisco Showcases New Approaches to Research and Administrative Computing at Educause 2010 – Higher Education Technology Conference
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com . For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com