MANKATO, Minn. / Oct 20, 2008 / PR Newswire / Winland Electronics, a leading designer and manufacturer of custom electronic control products and systems today announced the release of its new EnviroAlert EA800 wireless environmental monitoring solution. The EnviroAlert EA800, which is part of the EnviroAlert product family that includes the EA200 and EA400, allows monitoring of up to eight distinct sensors (four wireless and four hardwired) for critical environmental conditions including temperature, humidity, water and dry contacts.
Paul Machacek, Winlandâ€™s International Sales Manager, commented, â€œThe EnviroAlert EA800 completes total security solutions for integrators in industrial, commercial and residential markets. With features including data logging and the capability to monitor with 4-20mA sensors, this is an ideal solution for medical facilities, warehouses, convenience and grocery stores, as well as residential basements and remote homes. With the cost of goods on the rise, many commercial, residential and industrial facilities are looking to ensure the safety of the goods they currently own.â€
Thomas de Petra, Winlandâ€™s Interim Chief Executive Officer stated, â€œWe are confident this product will open up opportunities for Winland in new market verticals we have not previously served. After a significant development process, we believe the EnviroAlert EA800 provides a critical solution in the Environmental Monitoring marketplace.â€
Key features of the EA800 include:
- Ease of Use â€“ A graphical LCD display makes the unit easy to program and use with minimal end user training.
- Increased Functionality â€“ Wireless sensors include humidity, temperature and multi-function which will accept temperature, water, power and dry contacts. Wireless sensors monitor difficult to reach areas with ease.
- Expanded Zones â€“ The EA800 will accept 4 wireless sensor zones and 4 hardwired zones for quickly and easily monitoring of critical environments
- Reduced Installation Costs â€“ The EA800 wireless sensors reduce installation costs with lower cable requirements.
- Data Logging â€“ Retrieve sensor data, event and alarm history. Excellent for food establishments monitoring to HACCP requirements.
- Data Download â€“ Transfer data from the EA800 base unit to a USB memory stick and chart the history of your environment for alarms, addition/subtraction of sensors, and timed monitoring data.
- Password Protection â€“ The EA800 base console is password protected for increased security.
The EnviroAlert EA800 was awarded the 2008 Security Industry Association (SIA) New Product Showcase Product Achievement Award in the Intrusion Detection and Prevention category on April 2, 2008 at the ISC West 2008 tradeshow in Las Vegas, NV.
About Winland Electronics
Winland Electronics is an electronic manufacturing services (EMS) company, providing product development and manufacturing expertise and innovation for more than 20 years. Winland also markets environmental monitoring solutions for the security/industrial, food service/restaurant, medical, IT and consumer marketplace. Winlandâ€™s Environmental solutions help end-users monitor temperature, humidity, water and other critical environments â€“ notifying the users before damage has occurred to their critical assets. Winland Electronics is based in Mankato, MN.