DALLAS, TX – October 12, 2010 – Intransa , the VideoAppliance company, has announced several new product features within its award-winning physical security appliance family including VSA Multi-Mode, VSA System Center, VSA Energy Manager and the VSA Tiered Availability. The latest Intransa feature enhancements allow customers to simultaneously mix and match video surveillance, access control and video analytics on a single, scalable appliance for a complete, best-of-breed solution while eliminating the complexity and cost of commodity server and storage systems.
To maximize the latest certifications to Intransa's SELECT and SELECT ELITE program, the company has introduced key features to its patented Video Data Management and Retention (VDMR) technology. New additions to Intransa VDMR technology include:
· VSA Multi-Mode, which enables security customers to choose a Duo-Mode appliance model to replace one commodity server and supporting storage system with an appliance that runs access control, video analytics or video management software. Tri-Mode appliances can mix and match applications, replacing two servers and supporting storage. The new Flex-Mode choice allows a single appliance to replace three, four or more commodity server and storage systems. Customers can run multiple VMS, access control or video analytics applications simultaneously, and dramatically shrink hardware requirements, installation complexity and operational cost.
· VSA System Center, which enables multiple appliances to be deployed and added for near limitless growth, and managed simply and easily with a single, powerful interface.
· VSA Energy Manager, which enables security customers to reduce their energy consumption for long term archival of video and data. One or more storage volumes can be selected to auto-spin down after a set period, reducing typical energy consumption by approximately 40 percent. The archived video remains available within 10 seconds or less of required playback or access.
· VSA Tiered Availability, which recognizes that while all video and data retained is important and must be protected and available, some environments cannot sustain any interruption in access to the recorded video (such as a maternity ward in a medical center, or some applications in law enforcement, border security, or manufacturing). Other portions of the same facilities (such as the loading dock or parking lot) can opt for a less expensive solution since they need video protection, but can sustain short delays in playback in the event of a system issue. Intransa VDMR supports tiered Fault Resilient and High Availability configurations to easily meet these kinds of requirements, and it does so in a single appliance.
The enhancements are in addition to current VDMR features, which include Intransa's patent-pending Video Surveillance Optimization (VSOP) that improves long term recording and playback performance, the Video System Administrator (VSA) graphical user interface that ensures out of the box auto-installation and simple ongoing operation, and the powerful VSA Storage Manager that offers advanced software RAID protection against data loss, hot-swap components, and plug in expansion capabilities without a halt to operations.
The Intransa VideoAppliance products that support some or all of these new VDMR features are found in the Maximum Simplicity and Maximum Flexibility product families.
The VA320 Server/Storage Appliance joins the existing VA80tr, VA110, VA110tr and VA210 Server/Storage Appliances in the Maximum Simplicity family.
· The all-in-one VA320 Server/Storage Appliance is available with VSA Multi-Mode to select Duo-, Tri- or Flex-Mode configurations.
· Auto-setup out of the box in five minutes or less, with choice of 23 preloaded USB media kit applications for access control, video analytics and/or video management software.
· Supports standard 1GbE and high bandwidth 10GbE IP networks.
· 2U rack mount features 12 video and data storage drives (expandable with three expanders to 96TB hot-swap capacity or 80TB usable with RAID 6 protection), with redundant VSA/application offload drives and hot-swap power supplies.
· Fault Resilient configurations feature one or two Intel Quad-Core Xeon 2.4Ghz 5600 Series CPUs, with up to 24GB RAM memory.
· Choice of standard Microsoft Windows 7, Server 2003 or Server 2008 operating systems.
· In Tri- or Flex-Mode, the VA320 supports up to 86 H.264 cameras in normal workloads, plus access control and/or analytics applications.
The VA300st and VA600st Storage Appliances join the existing VA100st and VA200st Storage Appliances in the Maximum Flexibility family.
· The VA300st offers Fault Resilient configurations for most common security environments. The VA600st offers High Availability configurations for the most demanding security needs, with modular appliance clusters.
· Supports standard 1GbE and high bandwidth 10GbE IP networks.
· 2U rack mount features 12 video and data storage drives (expandable with three expanders to 96TB hot-swap capacity or 80TB usable with RAID 6 protection) with advanced SSD VSA offload and hot-swap power supplies; additional VA300st/VA600st appliances can be added as needed.
· As a two part appliance solution, VA300st and VA600st are designed for tight integration with Maximum Flexibility Server Appliances and Maximum Choice Security Servers. Also tested and certified for use as a CCTV DVR Upgrade or with commodity hardware.
Each of the new Intransa VideoAppliance platforms brings further choices to physical security users worldwide. Current Intransa customers are found across retail, public safety, gaming and hospitality, corrections, finance, ports and airports, hospitals and medical centers, managed service providers, transit authorities, manufacturers, Native American organizations, colleges and school districts, utilities and resource companies, and a wide variety of municipal, county, state and federal government users.
Almost two dozen applications from the physical security industry's leading access control, video analytics and video management software vendors have recently been announced as SELECT or SELECT ELITE certified for rapid, risk free installation and preloading with Intransa VideoAppliance. And an additional nine leading vendors have also been SELECT or SELECT ELITE certified with standard IP, megapixel, HD or H.264 cameras for use with the appliance family, in addition to several hundred existing certified products.
To learn more about these new physical security appliance offerings, please visit the Intransa booth (#3497) at ASIS International at the Dallas Convention Center, Dallas, TX, October 12-14, 2010 and again October 20-21 at Security Canada Central in Toronto, Canada.
At ASIS, Intransa VideoAppliances will also be on display by AMAG Technology, Inc. (#3513), Anixter, Inc. (#2523), Genetec (#2933), and OnSSI (#3115). Intransa experts will also be on hand in the Milestone Systems booth (#3667) to demo Intransa VideoAppliance and to answer questions.
To schedule an advance appointment with Intransa executives and technology experts at either event, please email Peter.Dumont@intransa.com . And be sure to register for a chance to win an Apple iPod Touch or Apple iPad while there.