Milestone's new XProtect Central 3.7 VMS software
COPENHAGEN – 19 April 2010. Milestone Systems, the open platform company for IP video management software, has released XProtect Central version 3.7. XProtect Central is an operational status monitoring and alarm management solution for Milestone XProtect Corporate, XProtect Enterprise & XProtect Professional servers, video surveillance cameras and external devices. This solution ensures that operators maintain a complete overview of alarms and technical problems, allowing immediate visual verification and troubleshooting to resolve incidents fast.
Ideal for implementations with multiple sites or buildings, XProtect Central helps large security installations minimize risks and optimize operations. The visual and audio alerts can improve busy environments like alarm and dispatch centrals, where the instant access to servers and cameras translates to quick response for all locations. Using clickable graphical overviews and customizable alarms with visual verification on the status of all connections and hardware, response control is at its best.
Visually verify alarms, respond fast, audit trails
Installations with different servers, cameras and hardware must run properly to ensure top security if a device fails to record or display video, the outcome can be devastating. Milestone XProtect Central is a powerful tool for managing such operational demands to ensure maximum up-time, total overview, and fast reactions. It continuously monitors the operational status and event-triggered alarms of XProtect servers, video cameras, and integrated devices such as access control units. Security operators get instant graphical overviews of alarms and technical alerts with immediate visual verification to resolve issues.
- An alarm list displays a filtered overview of all problems for clicking directly to an incident and a beep feature can help ensure attention.
- Users can define alarm priorities, pre-define time profiles, acknowledge or reassign alarms, enable and disable alarms with controlled user commands or by hardware input signals: for example, enable a motion detected alarm when the last person leaves a building.
- Alarms triggered by an input signal have a preview image from the camera, and can be used for cameras watching each other: if one fails, the other lets you know what happened.
- Spread the workload: provide backup capacity by assigning alarm management to multiple simultaneous operators with individual rights.
- Create audit trails of events.
Easy graphical map overviews
Multi-level maps make easy navigation and identification of incident locations and the system elements involved. Alarms are shown at the highest level map, like a city site, and operators can click down to sub-level maps of buildings, rooms, gates, etc. for more details or actions.
New in XProtect Central 3.7
- Define default image quality and frame rates by alarm type, which can also be altered manually by operators when playing back an alarm or viewing a live stream. This capability reduces the system bandwidth usage and allows remote users connected via low bandwidth connections to access video sequences associated with the alarms in XProtect Central - particularly relevant when monitoring a number of distributed systems where the connections between systems are low or not guaranteed.
- Auxiliary commands enable control of such things as wipers on cameras connected via video servers. Such camera-associated devices that are connected via auxiliary connection can be controlled from the central client.
- Additional support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is now provided.
Integration with third-party systems
XProtect Central has plug-in support for third-party systems like access control or other devices. Operators can both monitor and control these from the XProtect Central interface (close or open gates, doors, turn off smoke detectors, etc.), in addition to monitoring and verifying their status and alarms.
"Milestone continuously enhances our software to increase performance for our customers. This ensures the best return on their security system investment, the ability to easily include new innovations as they become available, and most importantly constantly improves security," says Christian Bohn, Head of Product Management at Milestone Systems. "Using XProtect Central, operators can concentrate their time on actual events and not just stare ineffectively at a monitor wall. It’s more than just alarm and operations management - it’s trouble-shooting that minimizes risk significantly."
Milestone will be exhibiting the full line of XProtect IP video management software at the following security trade shows this spring: the MIPS Expo in Moscow April 19-22 (Hall 1, D19), Security Canada in Quebec April 20-21, and IFSEC in Birmingham UK May 10-13 (Hall 4, F90).