ISC West 2010 - Las Vegas - Booth #18051 - March 24, 2010 - Axis Communications, the global leader in the network video market, together with several of its partners, has encountered market increased interest and confidence throughout the security and surveillance industry for video hosting and monitoring services.
"Gartner research recently announced that Cloud Computing - encompassing Infrastructure- and Software-as-a-Service - will be one of 2010's top 10 strategic technologies," said Fredrik Nilsson, general manager, Axis Communications Inc. "The physical security industry is also seeing the benefits and potential from Security-as-a-Service, which limits capital expenditures required by the end-user and allows security departments to focus on their core competencies."
AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) software is Axis' platform for creating a service provider-specific portal to manage video hosting and monitoring services for any end-user with an Internet connection. The platform is currently designed for fast onsite deployments of a few cameras per site - typically less than 10 - and is especially beneficial for companies with many sites, such as franchises and bank branches.
"By utilizing hosted video, sites with low camera counts can now cost effectively implement IP-based video and enjoy its unique benefits, including improved image quality, local intelligence and easy-to-install products," continued Nilsson.
At ISC West 2010, the following Axis partners plan to demonstrate their Security-as-a-Service (SaaS) systems for video hosting and monitoring:
- All American Surveillance, LLC - All American Surveillance has extensive IP surveillance experience providing systems at gated home owner associations, apartment buildings, retail shops, restaurants and commercial manufacturing with Axis network camera products. The AVHS system will allow All American Surveillance to grow and expand its client base, and also help its current clients expand their future surveillance due to the solution's scalability.
- Brivo Systems - Through its ACS WebService, Brivo offers an integrated online video recorder (OVR) that streams IP video from customer locations to a secure Web hosting facility. OVR WebService was announced last year at ISC West and is a successful addition to Brivo's award-winning SaaS access control solution.
- Iveda Solutions - By leveraging AVHS, Iveda Solutions now offers IvedaXpress, which provides a powerful yet simple hosted video surveillance solution that is secure, flexible and scalable. IvedaXpress was designed for easy set up and integration since typical IP surveillance components - like software, DVRs or recording systems, and configuration - are not required. The solution is targeted at those organizations that could not historically afford the cost or manpower needed for a comprehensive surveillance system. With IvedaXpress, users can plug in, register online and begin viewing cameras from any Internet-enabled device.
- Niscayah - Through AVHS, Niscayah can now provide intelligent, integrated and effective surveillance solutions to those businesses that historically could not deploy an in-house system due to cost, maintenance or training requirements. The customizable Niscayah video hosting portal provides a scalable surveillance solution where forensic footage is stored in the cloud and can be accessed anytime. Additionally, progressive businesses are learning they can use the system for more than just security by leveraging business analytics for sales and marketing functions.
- Pro-Vigil - Pro-Vigil leverages AVHS by 'white-labeling' the service for security companies that want to utilize AVHS but have capital or technical limitations. Pro-Vigil customizes and maintains the video hosting platform while providing support on the back-end for new systems or systems that outgrow their hosting infrastructure. AVHS with Pro-Vigil provides the opportunity for companies to join the Security-as-a-Service industry without compromising the bottom line.
- Reach Systems - The Reach Access Control System (ACS) is a keyless entry solution that is delivered as a web-hosted service. The system connects intelligent IP Controllers via the open Internet to deliver a low-cost, secure, enterprise class access control system, ideally suited to meet the needs of organizations with geographically dispersed locations. ReachNet allows customers of any scale to cost-effectively deploy a high security access control system across their enterprise, and manage it from anywhere in the world.
- Secure-i - Secure-i's Hosted Video Recorder (HVR) is based on the AVHS platform complete with a custom graphic user interface, advanced camera management tools and a comprehensive e-commerce management system. Secure-i's services are designed to help integrators and central stations provide hosted video solutions through 'white-labeled' branded portals. In addition, Secure-i offers several consulting services for organizations that desire their own hosted video systems, including system design, technical support and central station software integration.
- Sonitrol National Dealers Association (SNDA) - SNDA partners with Axis to provide affordable video surveillance solutions for businesses and home owners throughout the Northeast, with the initial roll-out at Sonitrol Security Systems of Hartford, Inc. The services offered include on-demand video surveillance and video recording solutions, which are hosted at SNDA's secure on-site data storage facility. Using AVHS allows SNDA to deploy video to its customer base with low barriers to entry, and is a recurring monthly revenue-driven service offering.