ISC West 2010 - Las Vegas - Booth #18051 - March 24, 2010 - Axis Communications, the global leader in the network video market, today announced at ISC West 2010 that two of its Application Development Partners (ADPs), Agent Vi and Aimetis, have created the first third-party, embedded analytics using the AXIS Camera Application Platform. Agent Vi's Vi-System and Vi-Search and Aimetis' Embedded People Counter are now available on several Axis network products, including one of the most popular cameras, the AXIS P3301/-V Fixed Dome Network Camera.
"When we announced the Camera Application Platform a few months ago, the vision was that we could accelerate the use of video analytics in the security market," said Fredrik Nilsson, general manager, Axis Communications Inc. "Axis will continue to focus on building network cameras with high resolution and greater processing power, while partners like Agent Vi and Aimetis leverage their analytics expertise and manpower to deliver the applications that end-users need."
Agent Vi's Comprehensive Video Analytics Solutions
Agent Vi's embedded component in Axis network cameras enables market-leading real-time video analytics, forensic search and business intelligence capabilities - for both indoor and outdoor environments - by allowing in-camera support for Agent Vi's leading products:
* Vi-System provides real-time video analytics capabilities, transforming standard surveillance networks into intelligent and effective detection and alert systems. By performing real-time analysis of the video stream, Vi-System identifies and generates alerts for a variety of user-defined events relating to people, vehicles and objects.
* Vi-Search provides video search and analysis capabilities which allow true leveraging of stored video by enabling instantaneous forensic searches, analysis of motion patterns and extraction of statistical data for applications such as security, post-event analysis and business intelligence.
* Highly scalable system: A single server can support 200 cameras.
* Complete video analysis solution: Large variety of real-time analytics rule types coupled with very powerful forensic and business intelligence features.
* Certified accuracy: Vi-System is an i-LIDS(r)-approved primary detection system for operational alert use in sterile zone monitoring applications.
* Open Architecture: Integrated with a wide range of Axis video management solution partners.
To purchase Agent Vi's products or inquire about pricing, email email@example.com. For more information on Agent Vi, visit www.agentvi.com.
Aimetis People Counter for Embedded Solutions
The Aimetis People Counter is capable of tracking bi-directional flow of people within a user definable area of interest. The application is designed to operate in over-head camera installations, typically found in retail environments where a camera is installed above an entrance or exit, as well as other settings that require operational insight despite constraints on budgets, bandwidth and IT infrastructure.
The application can operate as a stand-alone product or can be used in combination with video management software (VMS), such as Aimetis Symphony(tm), depending on application requirements.