ISC West 2010 - Las Vegas - Booth #18051 - March 24, 2010 - Axis Communications, the global leader in the network video market, today announced at ISC West 2010 that two of its Application Development Partners (ADPs), Agent Vi and Aimetis, have created the first third-party, embedded analytics using the AXIS Camera Application Platform. Agent Vi's Vi-System and Vi-Search and Aimetis' Embedded People Counter are now available on several Axis network products, including one of the most popular cameras, the AXIS P3301/-V Fixed Dome Network Camera.
"When we announced the Camera Application Platform a few months ago, the vision was that we could accelerate the use of video analytics in the security market," said Fredrik Nilsson, general manager, Axis Communications Inc. "Axis will continue to focus on building network cameras with high resolution and greater processing power, while partners like Agent Vi and Aimetis leverage their analytics expertise and manpower to deliver the applications that end-users need."
Agent Vi's Comprehensive Video Analytics Solutions
Agent Vi's embedded component in Axis network cameras enables market-leading real-time video analytics, forensic search and business intelligence capabilities - for both indoor and outdoor environments - by allowing in-camera support for Agent Vi's leading products:
* Vi-System provides real-time video analytics capabilities, transforming standard surveillance networks into intelligent and effective detection and alert systems. By performing real-time analysis of the video stream, Vi-System identifies and generates alerts for a variety of user-defined events relating to people, vehicles and objects.
* Vi-Search provides video search and analysis capabilities which allow true leveraging of stored video by enabling instantaneous forensic searches, analysis of motion patterns and extraction of statistical data for applications such as security, post-event analysis and business intelligence.
* Highly scalable system: A single server can support 200 cameras.
* Complete video analysis solution: Large variety of real-time analytics rule types coupled with very powerful forensic and business intelligence features.
* Certified accuracy: Vi-System is an i-LIDS(r)-approved primary detection system for operational alert use in sterile zone monitoring applications.
* Open Architecture: Integrated with a wide range of Axis video management solution partners.
To purchase Agent Vi's products or inquire about pricing, email email@example.com. For more information on Agent Vi, visit www.agentvi.com.
Aimetis People Counter for Embedded Solutions
The Aimetis People Counter is capable of tracking bi-directional flow of people within a user definable area of interest. The application is designed to operate in over-head camera installations, typically found in retail environments where a camera is installed above an entrance or exit, as well as other settings that require operational insight despite constraints on budgets, bandwidth and IT infrastructure.
The application can operate as a stand-alone product or can be used in combination with video management software (VMS), such as Aimetis Symphony(tm), depending on application requirements.
* People Counting: The Aimetis People Counter tracks bi-directional flow of objects as they pass through a user definable line. The application is designed for entrances and exits and minimizes counting errors caused by environmental factors such as shadows, lighting changes and reflections.
* Reporting: The Aimetis People Counter provides on-camera reporting that can be queried by hour, day, month or year. Reports are available as tables and charts to make communication of intelligent video data simple and informative. Results can be exported directly into Microsoft Excel. For advanced reporting capability, integration with VMS is required.
* Small Footprint: Video analysis and reporting is executed on the camera instead of a central server, drastically increasing the scalability of video analytics. Combined with minimal IT infrastructure and support, the stand-alone product is ideal for both small and large camera counts.
* Integration: Integration with VMS such as Aimetis Symphony(tm) or other 3rd party products is made easy through the open interface of the Aimetis People Counter.
The Aimetis People Counter embedded application will be available for purchase through Aimetis authorized distributors in more than 90 countries.
"Axis network cameras provide an ideal platform for Agent Vi's video analysis solutions," said Zvika Ashani, CTO, Agent Vi. "The ability to access the video stream at its source and before compression allows Agent Vi to implement its entire analytics feature set, delivering a joint solution that allows the end-user to view and record video at the highest quality while fulfilling a wide range of content analysis needs."
"Axis Camera Application Platform is helping accelerate the adoption of next-generation network video solutions," explained Marc Holtenhoff, CEO, Aimetis. "Together with Axis, we are rapidly increasing the scalability and affordability of intelligent video capabilities to the marketplace."