Audio Authority's HXE-11 HDMI extender
Lexington, Kentucky, August 11, 2010 –Audio Authority Corporation (www.audioauthority.com), announces its exciting new HXE-11 HDMI over One Coax extender. The system, which is now shipping, pairs the advanced features of HDMI, such as lossless audio and 1080p video, with the convenient installation of coaxial cable. The transmitter utilizes a single RG-6 coaxial cable to send a 1080p HDMI source to a receiver 200 feet away.
The extender system can transmit 1080p video up to 200 feet over 1 GHz sweep-tested RG-6 cable, and longer distances are possible over higher bandwidth cable. Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD:Master Audio signals are supported with no negative effect on distance of run.
“It’s a high performance alternative to traditional Cat 5 baluns, which suffer from the need for multiple cables and are very sensitive to termination quality,” said Trent Davis, Audio Authority’s product manager. “There’s so much coaxial cable already in the walls of homes and businesses that we wanted to offer an extender that allows integrators to make use of that cheap, common, easy-to-use cable.”
The HXE-11 package (MSRP: $598) consists of the Model 1341T Transmitter ($299) and the Model 1341R Receiver ($299). BNC connectors are used for the coaxial connections to maximize reliability and cable security. The receiver features a loop output, allowing additional receivers to be fed from a single source.
HXE-11 Key Features:
- Supports 1080p, 1080i and 720p video plus lossless digital audio formats
- Requires only one coaxial cable for transmission
- HDMI version 1.3 compliant, HDCP compliant
- Receiver includes loop output, enabling daisy-chain distribution systems
- Plug-and-play operation – no programming or setup required
- Single runs of 1080p content can be distributed 200 feet or more over RG-6 cable
- Now Shipping