- 300 Mbps and 600 Mbps PtP and PtMP systems. Performance is per link for PtP applications, and per sector for PtMP applications.
- Range in excess of 70 kilometers.
- Very low latency of the order of 1 to 2 milliseconds.
- Non-line-of-sight capable utilizing OFDM and enhanced MIMO techniques.
Widest Range of Frequencies
- Operates in licensed, unlicensed, and public safety frequency bands with support for 2.3-2.5 GHz, and 4.9-6.08 GHz available today. 3.3-3.7 Ghz and 4.4 Ghz will be available in the next phase.
Advanced Hardware and Software Technologies
- Wireless backhaul products utilizing MIMO 3X3 technology.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with POE In/Out to power video surveillance cameras or other radios.
- Integrated anteannas or split design with external antennas.
- Carrier-grade security (AES 128 and Radius Authentication).
- Premium features such as QoS, VLANs, bridging and routing.
- Network Management for RF planning and configuration.
Early Raves from Customers Worldwide
“We have been testing the Tsunami MP-8100, and I can say that with these new products, Proxim has produced an ideal solution for the video surveillance market by introducing the highest performance point-to-multipoint system we’ve seen,” said Tim Stewart, President of Netunwired, a provider of wireless backhaul for broadband networks. (USA)
“Proxim’s Tsunami QB-8100 is among the best wireless backhaul products we have ever tested, and is an ideal option for backhauling 4G networks,” said Mr. Huang, Senior Engineer, Tatung Telecom. (Taiwan)
“The MP-8100 is a large step forward in the delivery of low-cost, high-capacity radios. Proxim is clearly displaying their ability to develop new technology and future-proof platforms to allow Wireless ISPs to compete with advances in DSL and ADSL,” said Daniel McFadden, IT Manager of North West Electronics. (Ireland)
“With the Tsunami MP-8100 and QB-8100 solutions, Proxim gives system integrators of all types and sizes a platform with the flexibility to support a multitude of applications,” said Sean Muir, Senior RF Engineer – Network Design,of Networks by Wireless, Ltd. (UK)
“Having been associated with Proxim and its portfolio of products since the late 1990's, I can say that they have yet again demonstrated leading edge thinking, this time in the field of single cell architectures. We look forward to the continuing successful project deliveries with this product launch,” said Neil Metcalfe, CEO of Networks by Wireless, Ltd. (UK)
The 300 Mbps data rate Proxim Tsunami QB-8100 point-to-point products and MP-8100 point-to-multipoint products are available immediately. Both product lines are certified for deployment in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The 600 Mbps data rate Proxim Tsunami series products are expected to be available by the end of Q4, 2009.
List pricing for the Proxim Tsunami QB-8100 products begins at $6,599 and list pricing for the Tsunami MP-8100 products begins at $1,549.
More info: www.proxim.com