February 10, 2010 (Wilmington, MA) - Astaro Corporation (http://www.astaro.com), the leading European UTM vendor, today announced that its new licensing model for the Astaro Security Gateway opens new ways to deploy Unified Threat Management solutions. With this new model customers can choose from a variety of dedicated applications to be added to their preferred platform. Astaro will release further applications in summer 2010 that continue to support this strategy.
Behind Astaro's new licensing model lies the idea that the Astaro Security Gateway is the central platform in any organization's network, on which customers can then add security applications as needed. Under the new licensing, this platform can be deployed in three different ways:
- Astaro Security Gateway hardware appliances, available in seven different sizes
- Astaro Security Gateway Software appliance, to be installed on any hardware
- Astaro Security Gateway Virtual appliance, certified as VMware Ready(r)
To support this concept, Astaro has made its software and virtual base appliance available for free ("Essential Firewall" edition) and reduced hardware prices by over 50%. Customers can now attach additional security applications to the base platform on a subscription basis.
"This new strategy not only goes in line with the modern market's preference for investing in services rather than buying infrastructure hardware components, it will also help our partner community better solve their customers' needs, "said Jan Hichert, Astaro CEO "By providing partners with a business model that meets the market's preferences we are setting up our partners for success today as well as in the future."
Currently, the following Astaro Security Applications are available:
- Network Security (Firewall, Intrusion Prevention, DoS Protection, Bandwidth Control, Branch Office VPN, SSL Remote Access, IPSec Remote Access, Native Windows Remote Access, Directory Authentication etc.)
- Web Security (URL Filtering, Spyware Protection, Antivirus Scanning, HTTPS Scanning, IM/P2P Filtering, User Reporting etc.)
- Mail Security (Anti Spam, Antivirus Scanning, Email Encryption etc.)
This new model also supports Astaro's future product strategy, as the vendor will release further applications in the summer of 2010.
First to come are applications for mail archiving and for the management of wireless security.
These new applications will be presented publicly for the first time in March in parallel at the CeBIT in Hannover, Germany, and the RSA in San Francisco, USA.