The SCS-VR (Virtual Receiver) is an exclusive software-only network service operating as a virtual receiver for network IP and cellular IP alarm communications.
Springfield, Missouri — June 19, 2009 — Digital Monitoring Products (DMP) has released the SCS-VR (Virtual Receiver), an exclusive software-only network service operating as a virtual receiver for network IP and cellular IP alarm communications. The SCS-VR manages all network and cellular alarm signals, supervision, and substitution messages without the maintenance, space, and power requirements of a comparable rack-mounted hardware receiver.
"Most DMP innovations take the form of faster, better, and smarter hardware," said Vice President of Sales, Jeff McAleer. "The SCS-VR is an example of how DMP innovation also extends to services and solutions. Central Stations now have an entirely new and better way to receive signals; a virtual receiver that eliminates most of the drawbacks of a physical receiver while increasing recurring monthly revenue, expanding capacity, and reducing expenses."
The SCS-VR can be used as a primary receiver or backup to existing hardware receivers. In every application, the virtual receiver offers a long list of benefits:
• Flexible product licensing options accommodate applications ranging from small network monitoring organizations to Central Stations monitoring thousands of accounts.
• Advanced diagnostics ensure more reliable service and faster troubleshooting, with full logging of diagnostic data.
• Receivers accept both network IP and cellular IP messages (primary and secondary paths), ensuring redundant paths for reliability and reporting.
• Group Feature allows Central Stations to "divide" a receiver into multiple receivers, each with its own unique programming for maximum performance.
• AES encryption for strong security.
• Supports the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 and SQL Server 2008, with the ability to run on more than one server from the same database.
DMP is a privately held independent manufacturer of innovative intrusion, fire, access control, network and cellular communication products that are designed and made in the United States of America. DMP is the recognized leader in alarm communication over data networks, with products that are available through professional electronic security companies.