NEW YORK (National Retail Federation Conference, Booth 2525), - January 12, 2009 - Cisco today announced it is working with top retailers including Staples, AT&T Business Solutions and Cabela's to help transform their business operations through video applications such as Cisco TelePresence and video analytics. With increased pressure to reduce costs and bolster efficiencies in business operations, retailers are turning to collaborative technology to improve productivity, increase profitability and enhance the overall customer experience. By using the strength of the Cisco network to connect brands and customers, Cisco's Connected Retail strategy is helping retailers collaborate better with suppliers, partners and internal staff while lowering operating costs.
Staples Uses Cisco TelePresence for Employee Collaboration and to Ease Acquisition
- Cisco is deploying its immersive "in-person" meeting technology, TelePresence, within Staples to help the world's largest office products company streamline internal communications across its global business operations.
- Staples is utilizing Cisco TelePresence technology to help ease the integration of associates and processes following the company's recent acquisition of Corporate Express and to inform associates about products and services provided by the expanded company.
- Cisco TelePresence is purpose-built to be a completely different meeting experience, taking interaction and collaboration to a new level. Because it feels like everyone is in the same room, remote interactions are just as natural and effective as in-person communication. This simplifies and accelerates information sharing throughout an organization, and enables companies to scale teams and businesses in new ways.
AT&T Uses Cisco TelePresence to Communicate More Efficiently Across the Globe
- AT&T companies are advancing both internal collaboration and communication with the use of Cisco TelePresence. The AT&T Telepresence product is the first fully managed multipoint business-to-business telepresence service with global availability in 24 countries.
- Cisco TelePresence enables interactive video connectivity across companies and locations (multipoint capabilities), allowing retailers to meet with customers, suppliers and partners in multiple locations around the globe as if they were all in the same room. Retailers can streamline innovation, decision making and time-to-market while reducing the time, expense and inefficiencies of travel.
- With a comprehensive managed solution powered by AT&T Business Solution's industry leading global Multiprotocol Label Switching Internet Protocol (IP)-based network, retailers do not have to dedicate capital or IT staff support to use the technology.
- The AT&T Telepresence Solution features concierge service and a scheduling and administration portal, making it easy to schedule a multipoint intercompany call with just the push of a button.
Cabela's Enhances In-Store Customer Experience with Digital Video