(UPM Raflatac, Tampere, 12 January 2008 at 14:00) - UPM Raflatac is introducing new optimized DogBone, ShortDipole and Frog RFID products with superior global performance. The updated UHF EPC, Class1 Gen2, products have been enhanced with Impinj's Monza3ICs. All three products offer 96-bit EPC memory, exceptional read sensitivity and reliability across long read ranges, making them appropriate for a wide range of applications. Moreover, they function near challenging materials such as metals or liquids and on closely packed products.
UPM Raflatac is also introducing its new item-level tag, Gem, for accessories and cosmetic applications. The Gem is a perfect fit for inventory management of small goods, such as jewellery and watches. The small-sized Gem can be easily read with a handheld or fixed reader.
The selection of new UHF products highlights UPM Raflatac's continuous commitment in further developing and enhancing its product offering. "The improved performance levels of these products enable some completely new applications. And with Gem, we can bring inventory management processes of small goods to a new level," says Samuli StrÄ‚Â¶mberg, Vice President, Marketing, RFID, UPM Raflatac.
"We take great pride in being able to offer these new possibilities to our customers. At the same time, these products continue to support existing customers and their applications using earlier generation products," StrÄ‚Â¶mberg emphasizes.
The new UPM Raflatac RFID products are currently available.
- - Antenna size 93 x 23 mm / 3.661 x 0.906"
- - General purpose, high-end product for a wide range of supply chain management applications e.g. pallets, cases and item-level use.
- - Antenna size 93 x 11 mm / 3.661 x 0.433"
- - Cost-efficient and high-performing industry standard product for a wide range of supply chain management applications e.g. pallets, cases and item-level use.
- - Antenna size 68 x 68 mm / 2.677 x 2.677"
- - Orientation-insensitive, top-performing product ideal for applications where the inlay orientation cannot be controlled.
- - Antenna size 10 x 30 mm / 0.394 x 1.181"
- - Ideal for inventory management of small goods e.g. jewellery and watches.
For further information, please contact:
Samuli StrÄ‚Â¶mberg, Vice President, Marketing, RFID, UPM Raflatac, +358 40 740 9588