ORing’s IES-3073GC managed redundant ring Ethernet switch.
Taipei, Taiwan, January 15, 2010 – IES-3073GC from ORing Industrial Networking Corp. (ORing or the Company) is a managed redundant ring Ethernet switch that equipped with 7 x 10/100 Base-T(X) Ethernet ports and 3 Gigabit combo ports. Features with ORing’s patent Ethernet redundancy protocol O-Ring (recovery time < 10ms over 250 units of connection), Open-Ring, O-RSTP and MSTP/RSTP/STP (IEEE 802.1s/w/D), the device can protect your mission-critical applications from network interruptions or temporary malfunctions with its fast recovery speed.
Additional Gigabit Combo Port Strengthens the System’s Fiber Connectivity
One of the most noticeable features of IES-3073 GC is that it equipped with 3 gigabit combo ports, and this feature strengthens the fiber Ethernet connectivity capability of the device. According to Jackson Tai, Project Manager at Product Planning Department of ORing, former combo models of ORing such as IES-3162GC, IES-3242GC and IES-3242GC-E only offer 2 gigabit combo ports, and the additional gigabit combo port of IES-3073 enables the system to extend the system’s fiber Ethernet connectivity. Hence the device is very suitable for applications that require additional gigabit Ethernet / fiber connectivity, while surveillance and monitoring are very good examples.
Furthermore, all functions of IES-3073 GC can be managed centralized by a powerful windows utility – Open Vision, a full-featured network management software that bundled with the device. It is worth to mention that ORing offers a set of windows utility Open Vision for users to manage and monitor all industrial Ethernet switches on an industrial network. Other sophisticated features include PTP Client (Precision Time Protocol) clock synchronization, IGMP v2/v3 (IGMP snooping support) for filtering multicast traffic, Port Trunking for easy of bandwidth management, DDM (Digital Diagnostics Monitoring), and SNMP v1/v2c/v3 support for secured network management.
In addition, the wide operating temperature range from -40? to 70? can satisfy most of the harsh operating environment, hence IES-3073 GC is one of the most reliable solutions for highly managed fiber Ethernet application.
- World’s fastest Redundant Ethernet Ring: O-Ring (recovery time < 10ms over 250 units of connection
- Open-Ring support the other vendor’s ring technology in open architecture
- O-RSTP support applications with complex topology
- STP/RSTP/MSTP supported
- Support PTP Client (Precision Time Protocol) clock synchronization
- IGMP v2/v3 (IGMP snooping support) for filtering multicast traffic
- Port Trunking for easy of bandwidth management
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3 support for secured network management
- RMON for traffic monitoring
- Support LLDP protocol
- Support DDM (Digital Diagnostics Monitoring)
- Port lock to prevent access from unauthorized MAC address
- Event notification through Syslog, Email, SNMP trap, and Relay Output
- Windows utility (Open-Vision) support centralized management and configurable by Web-based ,Telnet, Console, CLI
- Support 3 Gigabit combo ports
- Rigid IP-30 housing design
- DIN-Rail and panel mounting enabled