ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Solis Energy, a global provider of continuous outdoor power generation and connectivity, today introduced the newest product in its growing line of “smart” solutions – the Dual PoE (Power over Ethernet) Splitter/Injector (PSI).
The Dual PSI enables users to provide DC power to multiple outdoor PoE-equipped devices, including wireless access points, broadband wireless backhaul, and surveillance cameras. Available as a complete system within an enclosure for pole-top applications or as a sub-assembly component for OEM installation, the product’s unique design allows two independent DC power sources to deliver from 0 to 60 volts per PoE device. This PSI can also be used to separate the power from the PoE input to run a non-PoE device, such as an analog camera.
“Now it’s possible to easily run multiple devices simultaneously, such as a surveillance camera and radio, or back-to-back radios, without the expense and inconvenience of installing an AC source or PoE injector for each device,” said Solis Energy CEO Robert Reynolds. “This product provides a cost-effective solution for airports, water management districts, governments, military bases and other entities that need to secure the perimeter of a wide-open space and maintain vital applications like video surveillance security systems.”
The Dual PSI can be powered from any standard DC power source or used with Solis Energy’s Solar Power Plants, Continuous Power Bridges, or Outdoor UPS’s, which continuously power critical, low-wattage devices (typically 100 watts or less), wherever they are located, even where grid-supplied electricity is either unavailable or unreliable.
Key features of Solis Energy’s Dual PSI include:
- Flexibility — Use as an injector to simultaneously power multiple PoE devices with different power requirements (such as a 48 volt radio and a 24 volt camera). Use as a splitter to separate the power from the PoE sourcing interface on a radio to run a non-PoE device (such as a non-PoE camera).
- Truly universal —The design is compatible with any equipment supporting the IEEE standard pinout for PoE devices (Vin +: Pins 4 and 5, Vin -: Pins 7 and 8) and supports up to 60 volts per PoE-enabled device.
- Cost- and time-reducing alternative — This PSI saves time and money by eliminating the need to purchase and install a separate PoE Splitter/Injector for each electronic device in the application. The small form factor reduces the impact to valuable enclosure space and the DIN rail housing greatly reduces installation complexity.
- Low maintenance — This passive device can be mounted at the top of a pole and does not require maintenance.
- Enhanced equipment protection — The PSI’s unique design utilizes high-speed surge protection devices to individually clamp the data lines at ± 58 vDC. Power is supplied to the design via two terminal blocks that can accept 14-26 AWG wire. LEDs provide a quick indication for the presence of PoE power to the end user and shielded RJ45 jacks help minimize EMI issues.
- State of the art components for the harshest of environments — Ideal for outdoor use in areas with extreme temperature variations (-4 to 158°F, -20 to 70°C).
For applications that are not pole-top and do not require the complete PoE enclosure, Solis Energy offers the same Dual PSI as a sub-assembly component. Engineered for fast, easy installation, the sub-assembly component mounts easily in an existing enclosure, either on the inside wall or DIN rail.