COPENHAGEN - June 29th, 2010. Milestone Systems, the open platform company in IP video management software, has released XProtect Professional version 7.0. Designed for mid-sized installations needing robust single-server surveillance software with full functionality, XProtect Professional provides advanced management, flexible scheduling, fast searching and video analysis. Integration with third-party Milestone Solution Partners also enables value-adding options using video analytics, access control, or other security and business systems.
XProtect Professional 7.0 supports up to 64 cameras simultaneously, with the widest industry choice of video hardware: over 885 models of network cameras and encoders from more than 80 manufacturers.
Key features in this version of the software include:
- A new and intuitive management application for easy system maintenance and control
- Configuration wizards and auto device discovery for fast camera setups
- XProtect Smart Client 5.0 – a user-friendly interface with exciting new features such as Sequence Explorer, Overlay buttons and Instant Playback
- Unique and cost-effective milestone archiving model, which allows customers to reduce the high cost of video storage by using fast local disks for capturing short-term recordings and affordable network storage for mass-scale, long-term archiving
- Ability to incorporate value-adding integrations with other systems
Currently over 250 Milestone Solution Partners are registered, who have integrated their security and vertical business systems with XProtect open platform IP video management software. Milestone provides a well-documented Software Development Kit (SDK) with Application Program Interfaces (APIs) to achieve these integrations.
"XProtect Professional is a really good solution for medium-sized businesses looking to integrate with video analytics or other systems like Point of Sale and access control solutions. The Milestone open platform is a robust foundation for just this kind of system expansion that continues to add more value over time," says Christian Bohn, Head of Product Development at Milestone Systems.
XProtect Professional is available with a Product Maintenance Agreement (PMA) that ensures the ability to upgrade to the newest versions of the software as they are released. Milestone software is sold through authorized and certified partners in 107 countries.