COPENHAGEN – 21 April 2009. – Milestone Systems, the open platform company within IP video management software, announces XProtect Central version 3.6. Large security installations can minimize risks and optimize operations using clickable graphical overviews and customizable alarms with visual verification on the status of all connections and hardware - response control at its best. XProtect Central is especially ideal for implementations with multiple sites or buildings.
Visually verify alarms, respond fast, get audit trails
Installations with a variety of servers, cameras and hardware must run properly to ensure top security: if a device fails to record or display video, the outcome can be devastating. Milestone XProtect Central is a powerful tool for managing the demands of such critical operations to help ensure maximum up-time, total overview, and fast response. It continuously monitors the operational status and event-triggered alarms of Milestone XProtect Corporate or XProtect Enterprise servers, video surveillance cameras, and integrated devices like access control units. Security operators get instant graphical overviews of alarms and technical problem alerts with immediate visual verification to resolve issues. Most importantly, they are able to create an audit trail of the events.
Easy graphical map overviews
Multi-level maps make it easy to navigate to and identify an incident location and the system elements involved: alarms are shown at the highest level map, like a city site, and operators can quickly click down to sub-level maps of buildings, rooms, gates, etc. Output signals, as well as global and user defined events can be placed on a map and easily activated via a context menu.
Alarm management and verification
• Spread the workload and provide backup capacity by assigning alarm management to multiple simultaneous operators with individual rights.
• An alarm list displays a filtered overview of all problems for clicking directly to an incident. A continuous beep feature has been added, where the client application can attract attention if it has been minimized. When continuous beep has been chosen in the system setup, the application will beep every 5 seconds while new priority-1 alarms remain unhandled.
• Users can define alarm priorities, pre-define time profiles, acknowledge or reassign alarms. Enable and disable alarms with controlled user commands or by hardware input signals. For example, this can be used to enable a motion detected alarm when the last person leaves a building.
• The broad range of events available for triggering alarms allows flexible customization to fit the needs of each organization.
• Alarms with related cameras will now run through all of them to grab the relevant images. This is useful for alarms triggered by an input signal with a preview image from a camera, and can also be used for two cameras watching each other: if one fails, the other provides a preview image of what happened with the first one.
Integration with third-party systems
XProtect Central has plug-in support for third-party systems like access control or other devices. Operators can both monitor and control these from the XProtect Central interface (close or open gates, doors, turn off smoke detectors, etc.), in addition to monitoring and verifying their status and alarms.